Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallen arches

Options
  • 13-03-2015 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there

I have fallen arches (over pronation) and need a new running shoe. (Female)Any recommendation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Hi, I've the same problem. I use asics gt2000 but if you have an amphibian king near you, stick your head in. They know their stuff and will analyse your gait. You won't leave without being fully satisfied with your purchase. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Dubgal gives good advice however perhaps a visit to a good physio might be in order?

I had dropped arches for a while (courtesy of orthotics) but some fairly basic toe curling exercises brought them back to normal.

Clearlier wrote: »
    Dubgal gives good advice however perhaps a visit to a good physio might be in order?

I had dropped arches for a while (courtesy of orthotics) but some fairly basic toe curling exercises brought them back to normal.
    Interesting! I was prescribed orthotics as a teen because of dropped arches (related to congenital hip deformity from birth). Would you recommend toe curling exercises in a case like mine?

Edit: sorry for the thread piggyback :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Interesting! I was prescribed orthotics as a teen because of dropped arches (related to congenital hip deformity from birth). Would you recommend toe curling exercises in a case like mine?

Edit: sorry for the thread piggyback :o

Seriously (and not just playing to the charter here) I wouldn't recommend them to anybody without knowing them and how they move. I was just trying illustrate that fallen/dropped arches isn't always a permanent condition.

Clearlier wrote: »
    Seriously (and not just playing to the charter here) I wouldn't recommend them to anybody without knowing them and how they move. I was just trying illustrate that fallen/dropped arches isn't always a permanent condition.
    Oops yes, sorry' forgot about that :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement