Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

IOS beta

• 13-03-2015 9:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get invited to the IOS beta program? Assume it's anyone who was signed up to OS X beta program got an invite

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It's apparently a select group of those signed up to the OSX beta. I didn't get an invite :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Zcott wrote: »
    It's apparently a select group of those signed up to the OSX beta. I didn't get an invite :-(

Same here, I'm registered for the Yosemite beta programme but haven't received anything about iOS.

Even if I had I wouldn't install it as I don't think getting a couple of new features a few weeks before others is worth risking data loss or having a buggy phone (I was testing Photo beta for iOS and it did mess-up some metadata in my iCloud Photo library).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

These betas should never be installed on your daily driver phone. It's why I keep last years phone for them :)

These betas should never be installed on your daily driver phone. It's why I keep last years phone for them :)

But actually even if you install it on a secondary device, you also need a secondary Apple ID. If you are using your main account and the beta software has a but which lets say swaps phone numbers between your iCloud contacts, this will be synced back to your primary phone and I am not sure Apple will help you troubleshoot the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well yeah obviously, who doesn't have several AppleIDs lying around?

• Advertisement

well yeah obviously, who doesn't have several AppleIDs lying around?

I guess what I'm saying is that the interest of the beta programme is limited for someone who isn't a developer.

You can play with the new software on your previous generation device which doesn't synchronise with your actual data. Might be entertaining for a few hours but then I'd go back to my main device and just wait for the software to get out of beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It turns out you can install the public beta OTA by downloading the public beta profile from elsewhere.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=20841770&postcount=282

So far so good here.

Advertisement