Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saorview but not Freeview

• 13-03-2015 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I've cancelled my sky package and will nojw be relying on Saor/Freeview and/or Freesat. I have an antenna on the roof (I don't know anything else about it as this is a rented property) and have extremely good reception for the Saorview channels but can't pick up anything regarding Freeview.

Our house is in Leitrim and I know the signal is being picked up all around us. I'm just wondering
    (a) is it possible that it's an antenna issue?
    (b) is it a problem with the TV (new LG LED Smart Tv).

Many thanks for any light you can shed on this!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Have you an aerial pointed towards the nearest Freeview transmitter or is it a single aerial used for Saorview?

Edit; Sorry i just re read your post. You would need another aerial facing towards the nearest Freeview transmitter in order to receive Freeview. Why do that tho when you already have a Sat dish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Beardyman

We've just moved into this rented house and the old satellite dish is hanging in a number of rusty pieces off the roof. I was just hoping to find out why both Saorview & Freeview can be received on a single aerial in both my grandmothers and In-laws house's just a couple of miles down the road and there is no trace of a signal on my tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

If the TV is set up with Ireland as country setting, presumably you checked the entire channel list for Freeview services? The 'other' country's services usually show up in the 800 nos., below the Saorview radio services, if you have those included in the list.

As for the aerial, if it's just a single aerial, as opposed to a single installation, with multiple actual aerials, then it's possible it was never intended for UK terrestrial reception or, you have good enough reception from 1 of the Irish transmitters that it was possible to point an aerial into NI, & still get a good enough signal for ROI TV. If it's the latter case, & assuming NI reception was originally usable, something must have deteriorated since the aerial was installed.

If you need more info., a more specific location & a photo of the aerial would be useful.

Advertisement