Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&R Meet up | Sweetmans, Burgh Quay | 19 March @ 19.00

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

A table everyone!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Save me some!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Oh my god lads, I fell asleep on the couch and just woke up. JESUS.

Oh my god lads, I fell asleep on the couch and just woke up. JESUS.

Come on down!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Ninja nap attack! We are still here if you want to pop in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I'm fit for nothing but the duvet this evening lads. Next one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Thanks for this evening guys! For the cake & wings and general niceness. Was lovely to meet you all and put names to names :) Tampopo you are a most awesome baker.

I'm five minutes away from home and contemplating whether to give the cake to Mr Fox, or.... *scoff!*
    Lovely to meet you guys. Until next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I'm five minutes away from home and contemplating whether to give the cake to Mr Fox, or.... *scoff!*
    Lovely to meet you guys. Until next time...

I made myself a cup of tea and scoffed! :rolleyes:

Good to put people to usernames, roll on the next one. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

That cake has me in a near sugar coma, I think. :o Good to meet you all. I've someone's tin of condensed milk that was left behind...

I might have that elderberry recipe around somewhere. tampopo was on about onion soup, iirc. I've an out of date pack of this from French, Nestle version, but thing, I'd say. Still packet stuff, but maybe better than Knorr et al, or not...

maggi_onion_soup.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks for this evening guys! For the cake & wings and general niceness. Was lovely to meet you all and put names to names :) Tampopo you are a most awesome baker.

Why thank you kindly Miss Flitworth, thanks for organising it.

Well, I see if I have the ingredients first of all, then it's a basic mix up and bang it in the oven!

I think it was Black Oil that said it right. It was basically a madeira. But it was the drizzle, fo' shizzle wot made it

Good to meet you all and put faces to names.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Next time we can advance to being level 2 satanists.

Next time we can advance to being level 2 satanists.

How about a chicken wing cook off? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Sounds like you had a lovely evening, I'm glad it went so well :)

How about a chicken wing cook off? ;)

I'm still dreaming of Sweetman's wings you know. One of these days I might just hop on the bus, pop in for a plate or two, then back on the bus out (before stopping by the doughnut kiosk on O'Connell st).

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I'm still dreaming of Sweetman's wings you know. One of these days I might just hop on the bus, pop in for a plate or two, then back on the bus out (before stopping by the doughnut kiosk on O'Connell st).

They were very good and inspired me to make more last night. Though I used your suggestion of chicken thighs with Cooking Club's Coca Cola Wings, the sauce did not thicken for some reason even though it was cooking for 3.5 hours, so it was a bit like boiled chicken. Not great. :(

Advertisement