Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reliable grass-trimmer

• 13-03-2015 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

We need a new strimmer. Effectiveness, sturdiness and price all considerations.

Having looked at Woodies, Littlewoods, Argos, handyhardware and Amazon, I've blinded myself with choice. Any recommendations of particular ones suitable for a medium garden?

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Dubl07 wrote: »
    We need a new strimmer. Effectiveness, sturdiness and price all considerations.

Having looked at Woodies, Littlewoods, Argos, handyhardware and Amazon, I've blinded myself with choice. Any recommendations of particular ones suitable for a medium garden?

:rolleyes:
    24cc Tanaka or Maruyama.
    Both excellent machines that will give long and troublefree service at a reasonable price.
    Just make sure you always use good mix@ 40:1 , when laying up for winter use Aspen or other alkylate petrol to ensure that the carb won't gum up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,608 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Depends what u want it for in terms of cutting, if its just grass verges and the odd thistle and dando and dock leaves I can recommend a 48V cordless one with a max cord diameter of 1.7mm, not the cheapest but I am very happy with it

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,608 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

CJhaughey wrote: »
    24cc Tanaka or Maruyama.
    Both excellent machines that will give long and troublefree service at a reasonable price.
    Just make sure you always use good mix@ 40:1 , when laying up for winter use Aspen or other alkylate petrol to ensure that the carb won't gum up.

CJ: can u use the same petrol for chain saw winterising.
    If so at what stage is it added?
    Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

CJ: can u use the same petrol for chain saw winterising.
    If so at what stage is it added?
    Thanks
    Yes, I recommend that you use the premixed fuel as a winter storage fuel for all engine powered equipment.
    It comes in a premixed and a straight petrol version. Red =premix Blue is Straight petrol.
    I would either empty the tank of the saw by using it until it runs out or just tipping it into a container.
    Fill the tank with Alkylate petrol and run the saw for a couple of minutes.
    Thats it.
    Its a personal choice what ratio to run but I do notice that many manufacturers are recommending 40:1 again after recommending 50:1 for the last few years.
    I buy the blue can and mix my own oil into it because I don't like 50:1

Advertisement