Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Who was that mixed race guy who used to show up on RTE shows to do with fashion/music quite a bit in the early Noughties?Small guy,shaved head I think he had a Latin/Spanish sounding surname(could have been Cruz or something similar).Came across as an insufferable egotist,wasen't too sorry when he disappeared without trace

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

darkdubh wrote:
    Who was that mixed race guy who used to show up on RTE shows to do with fashion/music quite a bit in the early Noughties?Small guy,shaved head I think he had a Latin/Spanish sounding surname(could have been Cruz or something similar).Came across as an insufferable egotist,wasen't too sorry when he disappeared without trace

Graham Cruz....sang in a band called doves. He's actually a really nice down to earth guy lol

Graham Cruz....sang in a band called doves. He's actually a really nice down to earth guy lol

The crowd that Hazel whatsherface was in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

tipptom wrote: »
    Michelle De Bruin,know she was studying to become a barrister.
    Is she actually practising?

Toxicology would be more appropriate for her.

That Irish guy who used to be in The Bill in the early days.Burt Reynolds moustache,used to be considered as something of a sex symbol,whatever became of him?Not to be mixed up with the fat dark haired guy who also had a tash and who I think died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

darkdubh wrote: »
    That Irish guy who used to be in The Bill in the early days.Burt Reynolds moustache,used to be considered as something of a sex symbol,whatever became of him?Not to be mixed up with the fat dark haired guy who also had a tash and who I think died.

Tony Scannell, aka DS Roach.
    Still acting, after being pronounced bankrupt. Was also in Flash Gordon.

The fat lad was Kevin Lloyd, who played "Tosh" Lines.

Ormond's hosting the TV3 Toy Show. So he may stick around for a wee bit, i.e. 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,180 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is he a make up artist now?

One thing I always wondered about Brendan Kilkenny is whether he is just taking the piss and parodying wannabe celebrities OR is he actually serious.

I'm hoping it's the former as the latter is quite sad and I'd feel sorry for him.

Or maybe his aim is to confuse people as such and is in fact a master of his art!

He was genuine. *snip*

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

*Mod*

Whatever about celebrities that disappeared, no need for accusations into their personal lives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whatever happened to the guy who presented mt usa ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

fryup wrote: »

Since he died? Not much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

fryup wrote: »

He must be dead 30 years now. He was great!

Actually he was fab!
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Hanley

Only 33 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

Fergal Sharkey (former Undertone), its about 30 years ago since his solo no1 hit A Good Heart and then a follow up called You Little thief.
    And then never heard of him again

Didn't he become the head of some music guild? Edit - British Music Rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Didn't he become the head of some music guild? Edit - British Music Rights.
    Or was that his cousin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

amdublin wrote: »

Actually he was fab!

yes used to watch MT-USA religiosity

I remember when he died, RTE reported him dying from an eye infection

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

amdublin wrote: »

Actually he was fab!

The best thing about sunday afternoon. It had the first irish showing of the video for Thriller.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭toptom

Enya

Or was that his cousin?

His perfect cousin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

toptom wrote: »
    Enya

Enya's back, in Pog form.

BBC - November 03, 2015: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34699044

Whatever happened to Maurice Pratt?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Amalgam wrote: »
    Enya's back, in Pog form.

BBC - November 03, 2015: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34699044

Whatever happened to Maurice Pratt?
    He went on to become a managing director for a lot of big companys like Cantrell-Cochrane and the likes.
    He was the butt of many a profanity in Irish households when he came on in those adds mainly because of his name and how wooden he was but I guess it garnered a lot of publicity.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Lord Lucan,

Shergar

• Registered Users Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭road_high

kingtiger wrote: »

Thing was, was there even a name for AIDs at that stage? Possibly not, and people died from secondary infections after their immune systems collapsed. Sadly of its time.

EDIT; I see he died in 1987 so they would have been aware by then....stigma would have been huge, still is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The best thing about sunday afternoon.

Nearly the best. The real best was

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

He went on to become a managing director for a lot of big companys like Cantrell-Cochrane and the likes.
    He was the butt of many a profanity in Irish households when he came on in those adds mainly because of his name and how wooden he was but I guess it garnered a lot of publicity.

Very true, how many marketing managers can claim to have been household names? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,659 ✭✭✭✭L1011

kingtiger wrote: »

Case of (severe) inacurracy by omission - he died from toxoplasmosis which does affect the eyes; but the reason he got that was never going to be mentioned at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

L1011 wrote: »
    but the reason he got that was never going to be mentioned at the time.

yes of course, but everyone knew anyway

although I would say Vinny had a great time in San Fran though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

doc11 wrote: »
    She must know someone. How a girl from the middle of Dublin got a job presenting a show about rural ireland/farming amazes me. Abit like George lee the Agricultural Correspondent who would be have been lucky to step inside a farm in his entire life.Jobs for the boys.

She knows a bit, converse with her on twitter the odd time

• Advertisement

F.A.B, Irish girl band who were a Z-rate B*Witched, if IIRC.
    Buffalo G, a similar "salt of the earth" act. One of them was the sister of Shane off Boyzone and his two sisters who were in B*Witched, IIRC.
    Kerri-Ann - No. 1 hit and rumours of a "relationship" with Stephen Gately (PR cobblers, at most) and then nothing...

Advertisement