Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,508 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

byronbay2 wrote: »
    The funny thing is: That article was "written" (may have been Terry Keane-style written, being the Indo) by Gayle Killilea, another pretty serious "victim" of the Celtic Tiger!

Divorced from a bankrupt man?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Divorced from a bankrupt man?

She was The Baroness of Ballsbridge in her Celtic Tiger heyday! Spent €1.5 million on her wedding etc. Now she's a single mum of 3, living on the breadline.

Bear in mind that she is separated, rather than divorced. The romantic fool in me continues to hope that, once Dunner manages to get his finances back in order, the fragrant Ms Killilea will love him again, as she once did!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

She was The Baroness of Ballsbridge in her Celtic Tiger heyday! Spent €1.5 million on her wedding etc. Now she's a single mum of 3, living on the breadline.

Bear in mind that she is separated, rather than divorced. The romantic fool in me continues to hope that, once Dunner manages to get his finances back in order, the fragrant Ms Killilea will love him again, as she once did!

A load of old cobblers...the cunning rat transferred the lion's share of his wealth into her name so it would be beyond reach of his creditors.

She's trying her hand at multimillion dollar property deals in the US using "her own money" that she no doubt squirrelled away by writing erascable "society" pieces in the bloody Sindo. Jesus Wept.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Wonder what became of the girl who was in Pavee Lackeen?

The two girls who played Biddy and Mileys daughters in Glenroe as well. I doubt they continued into acting, I don't recall them ever having any dialogue whenever they'd appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Sean 18

Wonder what became of the girl who was in Pavee Lackeen?

The two girls who played Biddy and Mileys daughters in Glenroe as well. I doubt they continued into acting, I don't recall them ever having any dialogue whenever they'd appear.
    Isn't one of biddy and Miley daughters presenting some sort of dancing with the stars spinoff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

Yes, Blaithnaid Tracey.
    Pavee Lackeen, Winnie Maughan was the actress, apparently she might be a model now according to a facebook profile that seems to match. Also, http://www.advertiser.ie/mayo/article/40175/man-denies-hitting-ex-girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Yes, Blaithnaid Tracey.
    Pavee Lackeen, Winnie Maughan was the actress, apparently she might be a model now according to a facebook profile that seems to match. Also, http://www.advertiser.ie/mayo/article/40175/man-denies-hitting-ex-girlfriend

She was on the 6 o'clock show earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Anne Doyle, the former newsreader

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

branie2 wrote: »
    Anne Doyle, the former newsreader

She retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

once Dunner manages to get his finances back in order, the fragrant Ms Killilea will love him again, as she once did!

If the price is right. Strictly loves for money.

Normally people don't get paid €100 million for "love and affection".

Well, one type does.

• Advertisement

MysticMonk wrote: »
    Look at this "article " from the Ghastly Independent from 1999...Sycophantic,fawning,badly-written drivel.

Rags like this were actually encouraging the rise of people with no talent to become famous for the sake of it. Sickening.

http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/an-irish-boy-has-finally-figured-it-out-26258317.html

<snip>

There was a big push at the time to create a celebrity "scene" in Dublin at the time.

That Indo fncker Brendan O'Connor was pushing Katy French to be a star at the time.

When she died apparently the country was traumatised. She was our Diana allegedly. The coke head on her.

Have a read of this drivel by that w@nker Waters.

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/dreams-die-with-death-of-katy-1.990174
    What can I say? The dream is over.

MysticMonk wrote: »

"Model" Emily Stewart really should have googled this guy and gotten the form on him.

It's always about getting away with it.

If Katy French was our Diana he's our Ted Kennedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

canireally wrote: »
    She did that brutal celebrity irish x factor show about 10 years ago. Was never seen again.

Wasn't she engaged to D'Arcy?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,659 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wasn't she engaged to D'Arcy?

Yes. Bullet dodged there.

This is Geri Maye we're talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

This is Geri Maye we're talking about?

Yep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

dresden8 wrote: »
    "Model" Emily Stewart really should have googled this guy and gotten the form on him.

It's always about getting away with it.

If Katy French was our Diana he's our Ted Kennedy.

Senator, he's no Ted Kennedy (for all Ted's faults comparing him to that no-mark is a bit much ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Velcro Girl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

liam7831 wrote: »
    Velcro Girl
    Amanda Byram?

Yep

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    She retired.

I miss her "sex yule"tones:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

brianblaze wrote: »
    Amanda Byram?

Sadly not. A quick Google, turns out she married one of the chimps from Today FM
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.her.ie/amp/life/real-life-rom-com-the-dublin-dj-who-married-velcro-girl-28119

What was that RTE music show from the late 90's? Wasn't on very long, circa 97-98. I thought the female presenter might have been Gerri Maye but no mention in her Wiki page. The male presenter had a shaved head and goatee. I vaguely remember the female presenter got some stick for saying that Richard Ashcroft was "hitting" a woman in the video for the Verve's Bittersweet Symphony.

More of a well known character than a celibritiy granted but is that guy with the biblical quote on the sign at GAA matches stll around? The one that says John something and he sits behind one of the goalposts and holds it up whenever theres a score.

darkdubh wrote: »
    More of a well known character than a celibritiy granted but is that guy with the biblical quote on the sign at GAA matches stll around? The one that says John something and he sits behind one of the goalposts and holds it up whenever theres a score.

John 3:16:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life."

John is long dead

Dead in this world, but his soul is in heaven.

Is the chap with the sign dead?

I hope he's still alive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭brian_t

It's actually John 3:7 “Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again”

and here he is last February

GN4_DAT_7923783.jpg--_john_3_7__returns_to_the_terraces_after_two_year_hiatus.jpg

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/234910/john-3-7-returns-to-the-terraces-after-two-year-hiatus.html

Advertisement