Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Yer man

Hector o hock a gawnn

He has really gone into the background lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

That prize 24 karat Plonker Gavin Lambe Murphy.

I been Happier to see that back of that pompous prcik from Sunday Independent.

What happened to his coked up ass?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Yer man

Hector o hock a gawnn

He has really gone into the background lately

Has a show on Tg4 right now, and I'm sure once Stetson s and Stilettos starts again, he'll be back like a bad smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Water John wrote: »
    Jonathon Ross was on The Chase and was absolutely brilliant. Was very good himself, was the best on a very good team and won over 100k for their charities. Bradley Walsh reckoned they were one of the best teams ever on the show.
    Very wide range of knowledge. Sorry, if off topic.

His brother Paul was I thought the brain in The Chase.

On the Pat Kenny post,his knowledge on any amount of complicated subjects are nothing but impressive.
    You would often hear his radio interviewees go "wow" when he had framed a question to them on how impressed they were of how on top of his brief that he is and how he is able to break it down for the listener.

kept to what he was best at and he could of walked into any news agency in the world .

That prize 24 karat Plonker Gavin Lambe Murphy.

I been Happier to see that back of that pompous prcik from Sunday Independent.

What happened to his coked up ass?

I apologise in advance, it's a Barry Egan piece-so you know it's about as introspective and a genuinely well written article as that time I wrote poetry in primary school

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/books/i-was-immature-spoilt-and-out-of-control-gavin-lambemurphy-on-his-celtic-tiger-it-boy-days-36330513.html

• Advertisement

I apologise in advance, it's a Barry Egan piece-so you know it's about as introspective and a genuinely well written article as that time I wrote poetry in primary school

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/books/i-was-immature-spoilt-and-out-of-control-gavin-lambemurphy-on-his-celtic-tiger-it-boy-days-36330513.html

Sir, you have no shame, that is three minutes I will never get of my life back again. On the other hand, it is the most self indulgent Siht I have ever heard read. If only I had it in the spring I could have put it on the roses in the garden. Now I know why therapists get €80 an hour to listen to that drivel.

It only pales in comparison to the interview he cashed in on when Katie French died. Still as coked up as a pepsi on RTE he gives out how it was the governments fault for not providing services for addict. It was pure car crash TV.

IF I could bring this plonker to the Ploughing Championships I could get a blue medal for him. Best in class before Neil Prendeville

Sir, you have no shame, that is three minutes I will never get of my life back again. On the other hand, it is the most self indulgent Siht I have ever heard read. If only I had it in the spring I could have put it on the roses in the garden.

It only pales in comparison to the interview he cashed in on when Katie French died. Still as coked up as a pepsi on RTE he gives out how it was the governments fault for not providing services for addict.

IF I could have bring this plonker to the Ploughing Championships I could get a blue medal for him. Best in class before Neil Prendeville

I warned you-I literally gave y'all a warning it was a Barry Egan piece... :D

I can't do anything more to stop you reading a self-indulgent Egan piece outside of go into your house/ apartment, and slap the device of your choosing out of your hands.

Oh Murphy pulls so much crap, you can see there is zero growth with that guy. He still wants to be an 'IT boy'... an empty, vacuous, literally scrounging money from friends existence.

I warned you-I literally gave y'all a warning it was a Barry Egan piece... :D

I can't do anything more to stop you reading a self-indulgent Egan piece outside of go into your house/ apartment, and slap the device of your choosing out of your hands.

Oh Murphy pulls so much crap, you can see there is zero growth with that guy. He still wants to be an 'IT boy'... an empty, vacuous, literally scrounging money from friends existence.

To be honest I would say if you knew him growing up you would be kind of ashamed to admit to knowing him now. He must had one indulgent mother that never slapped his arse and told him to grow for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Don't hear much og Big Tom. Country and Western si her from up North. Was always on some TV show. Thelma Mansfield is another you don't hear much of or Sonny Knowles. They used to host an afternoon show in the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Two of those three are dead!!!

• Advertisement

To be honest I would say if you knew him growing up you would be kind of ashamed to admit to knowing him now. He must had one indulgent mother that never slapped his arse and told him to grow for himself.

Oh totally. Also, note how he 'lost contact' with certain folks....at least according to that article.

Who wants to bet they were like 'ah, no sorry Gavin...I'm washing my hedging that night... and for the rest of the year'
    'But hedging doesn't need washing'
    '... oops, my Cat's barking, gotta go'.

I guarantee he was just as big a plonker when others knew him, so they cut off contact with his sorry butt.

Oh totally. Also, note how he 'lost contact' with certain folks....at least according to that article.

Who wants to bet they were like 'ah, no sorry Gavin...I'm washing my hedging that night... and for the rest of the year'
    'But hedging doesn't need washing'
    '... oops, my Cat's barking, gotta go'.

I guarantee he was just as big a plonker when others knew him, so they cut off contact with his sorry butt.

You have to love the bit when he compares himself to Truman Capote!!
    If the article is to be believed, image that plonker think Bertie was the doorman!!
    Bertie was probably thinking, "Fecking Germans left me to run this lot of sheep and this plonker thinks I am the doorman. I am glad Gerhard Schroder is getting me a handy number in Brussels at the Duck Hygiene regulatory authority after this bleedin' gig, I tell ya!"
    Serious you wouldnt want your pension linked to that plonkers productivity index.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Henry Kelly, an Irish radio dj who worked in England, and presented a quiz show called Flashback on RTE nearly 30 years ago

You have to love the bit when he compares himself to Truman Capote!!
    If the article is to be believed, image that plonker think Bertie was the doorman!!
    Bertie was probably thinking, "Fecking Germans left me to run this lot of sheep and this plonker thinks I am the doorman. I am glad Gerhard Schroder is getting me a handy number in Brussels at the Duck Hygiene regulatory authority after this bleedin' gig, I tell ya!"
    Serious you wouldnt want your pension linked to that plonkers productivity index.

I think that bit shows how vapid Gavin was and is. He's still obsessed with himself.

Wasn't he mostly unemployed or something? I think he was dating someone at the time (an annoying skanger-Dublin accented harpy, I cannot remember her name. Wasn't KAty French, I know that for sure. He was still in denial about being gay, or trying to 'cure' himself. The cocaine probably helped him out there). He pretended to come from wealth, and have a 'trust fund' or something dodgy like that. Really he was literally scraping coins together, until he nabbed a 'diary' column at one point. Which was just useless pagefiller-I'm blessed I never read that crap.

(The 'Lambe' part of his name was added out of nowhere-he added it to sound fancy. Sort of like Jonathan Rhys Meyers did).
    Then his appearance on that 'Young and Loaded' show meant he was fired (as did some incidents he mentioned in that Egan atrocity).

Oh God-you couldn't rely on anyone from GLM's era, frankly. They were all obsessed with themselves. Until Katy French and Gerry Ryan's deaths, as well as the recession, put the skids on that 'lifestyle'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Don't hear much og Big Tom. Country and Western si her from up North. Was always on some TV show. Thelma Mansfield is another you don't hear much of or Sonny Knowles. They used to host an afternoon show in the 90s.

Thelma is up on Merrion Square every weekend selling art. Very good painter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

DellyBelly wrote: »

Both Big Tom and Sonny Knowles died this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Thelma is up on Merrion Square every weekend selling art. Very good painter.

Thelma was/is gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

I hate Barry Egan.
    Really, really hate him

I hate Barry Egan.
    Really, really hate him

He's a hack. Plain and simple. He's the written journalistic equivalent of that sh**ty TV interview with that Irish drug mule.

Won't google her name-not worth knowing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Rootsblower

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Thelma was/is gorgeous!

Hell yea. I’ll bet Derek, god rest him, thought about r***** her all the time on Live At 3, the dirty fecker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Thelma does a radio ad for nursing homes or meals on wheels or something. It always starts with ; "Hi I'm Thelma Mansfield.".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Thelma was married to Mouse Morris, horse trainer, son of Lord Killanin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Not quite correct. It was his twin brother John actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Rootsblower

Thelma’s married to Mouse Morris’s brother.

Before Live at Three she was famous for Good Afternoon

Niamh Walsh, one of the presenters on Jo-Maxi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Not quite correct. It was his twin brother John actually.

She wouldn't be able to see her paintings never mind paint them if it was Mouse with all that cigarette smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

branie2 wrote: »
    Henry Kelly, an Irish radio dj who worked in England, and presented a quiz show called Flashback on RTE nearly 30 years ago

Lives in the UK, was a local radio presenter until relatively recently. He's in his 70s so I assume he's retired now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Jason Callaghan former social diary guy

I think Barry Egan May have taken over his role at the Sunday indo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jason Callaghan former social diary guy

I think Barry Egan May have taken over his role at the Sunday indo

He’s been doing some Rat Pack tribute cabaret gig for years, saw a poster for it somewhere very recently. I think (though I may be incorrect on this) he also does some sort of hynotherapy-based give up smoking gig too, and may even be a qualified psychotherapist or psychiatrist too. I retain too much useless information....

Advertisement