Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

chicorytip wrote: »
    Pat Ingoldsby

Saw him outside BoI on Westmoreland Street selling his books (he has written a LOT of books btw) last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Westmorelanf street most saturdays

Whoops, hadn't seeb that reply before I posted my own

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Aidan Walsh.Yes I know hes still doing his thing but there was a period in the mid 80s when he was semi famous for appearing on that RTE music quizz,was it the one hosted by Dave Fanning?I remember he was on it one time and my Dad said why do they allow that ****ing eejit on the telly?

Edit:After Googling I came across this clip with the bould Aidan in action.The show was called Number One.Also featuring Dave Heffernan who was the subject of a few queries on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,886 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Yer woman's a fine thing, isnt she?
    tv presenter turned Barrister-at-Law

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,886 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

Mary Fitzgerald.Whatever became of her?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,197 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

darkdubh wrote: »
    Aidan Walsh.Yes I know hes still doing his thing but there was a period in the mid 80s when he was semi famous for appearing on that RTE music quizz,was it the one hosted by Dave Fanning?I remember he was on it one time and my Dad said why do they allow that ****ing eejit on the telly?

Edit:After Googling I came across this clip with the bould Aidan in action.The show was called Number One.Also featuring Dave Heffernan who was the subject of a few queries on this thread.

To this day as soon as I hear the word Community Games, the first thing that pops into my head is "What will we do with the Community Games"

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

One thing I always wondered about Brendan Kilkenny is whether he is just taking the piss and parodying wannabe celebrities OR is he actually serious.

I'm hoping it's the former as the latter is quite sad and I'd feel sorry for him.

Or maybe his aim is to confuse people as such and is in fact a master of his art!

I know him and his brother was my year head in school and unfortunatley it is the latter. Interestingly we only had his brother as year head after our other year head went on maternity leave. She ended up having twins and called them....John and Edward......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

What happened to the American girl presenter from RTÉ's TV Ga Ga (not Flo McSweeney)? Liam Mackey sits in the Spar window in Merrion Row most days but where is she now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Geraldine from the Apprentice, she was always on the tele but seems to have vanished.

And what happened to the cast of Forty Coats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

I remember one of the lads here claimed that Sighle Toibin - daughter of Niall and my college tutor (honestly) was one of the Slightly Bonkers - there were two. But I don't think she was. She was the first Noleen McCoy in Fair City.
    Fran Dempsey is not Ian's dad. Ian revealed it on Twitter that the rumour was not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The actress who played Slightly Bonkers is a barrister now, from what I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

pow wow wrote: »
    Mary Fitzgerald from the Make and Do programme of the 90s.

as far as I can recall that programme was called "How Do You Do?" or "How Do You Do It?" or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

branie2 wrote: »
    The actress who played Slightly Bonkers is a barrister now, from what I've read.

Virginia Cole, the first one, who was also Mrs. Burgess in The Snapper.

jos28 wrote: »
    Jenny Huston - Anyone know what she is up to now

She's on 2MF from around 9pm to 11pm presenting a indie and rock pop music show from Mondays to Thursdays I believe

Long wavy red hair, host of Eurovision maybe late 90's, earlier 00's. Was everywhere on RTE.

Come on, some knows her name

Fionnnula Sweeney hosted Eurovision 1993 from Millstreet. She works as a journalist now or so I've heard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The lad with the ponytail from Limerick who used to present that fashion show that pre-dated Off The Rails.
    Fairly sure that Pat O'Mahony is not from Limerick.

as far as I can recall that programme was called "How Do You Do?" or "How Do You Do It?" or something like that.

It was,I posted a video of it just a few posts back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭geosynchronous orbit

Fionnnula Sweeney hosted Eurovision 1993 from Millstreet. She works as a journalist now or so I've heard

Yes, she quite big on CNN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Yes, she quite big on CNN

In more ways than one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

"Here's one we made earlier."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Mary Fitzgerald.Whatever became of her?

I think she now works in public relations.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I think he also had a song out.All I remember of it was the video where he was handing out money to random people on the street.(presume it was fake money)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

"doing his thing"

Who was Aidan Walsh an what "thing" is he doing now????? :confused:

amdublin wrote: »
    "doing his thing"

Who was Aidan Walsh an what "thing" is he doing now????? :confused:

Just this eccentric fella who was involved on the fringes of the Dublin music scene in the 80s and 90s(and I think still is though I stand to be corrected on that).Not being from Dublin I knew of him through his TV appearences like the one in the clip and a documentary about him that came out about ten or so years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,197 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Just this eccentric fella who was involved on the fringes of the Dublin music scene in the 80s and 90s(and I think still is though I stand to be corrected on that).Not being from Dublin I knew of him through his TV appearences like the one in the clip and a documentary about him that came out about ten or so years ago.

He is from Cork.
    Appeared on the scene around 1987 when Dave Fanning started to play some of his stuff on his show on Radio 2.
    "The Community Games" was probably his most recognized track, but I also remember another one called "The Eagle Has Landed"

He faded away from radar as quick as he appeared it seems but is still playing away somewhere no doubt.

He is from Cork.
    Appeared on the scene around 1987 when Dave Fanning started to play some of his stuff on his show on Radio 2.
    "The Community Games" was probably his most recognized track, but I also remember another one called "The Eagle Has Landed"

He faded away from radar as quick as he appeared it seems but is still playing away somewhere no doubt.

Yeah hes from Cork originaly but don't think hes lived there in years,at least I've never met anyone in Cork who remembers him from around the place.Anyway heres a taster of his unique musical talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Emma Ledden a great shout

Last I seen she was a judge on TV3's search to find a new Xpose presenter in 2009.

She'd put on about 6 stone :(

Works for Linkedin now. Still looks fairly fine.

25bd420.jpg

Andrew Strong.Rarely has there been a bigger plument from fame into obscurity.In fact most of the Commitments cast with a handful of exceptions were never heard from again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Johnny Logan.

That's because his hair became scary and upsetting to adults and children.

Advertisement