Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

darkdubh wrote: »
    Don't think she was on Bosco but there was a female presenter on that who had similar shortish curly black hair,I'd say a lot people get them mixed up.

Grainne, was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Don't think it was Grainne. Did she have long dark hair, used to wear dungarees a fair bit?
    The one I'm thinking of had shorter hair, kind of a sweet voice. Had a childish look about her, very appealing for kids tv.
    Grainne had 'cool' potential in my young eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Marian Richardson according to Wiki

[IMG]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/Marian Richardson[/IMG]

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Marian Richardson according to Wiki

[IMG]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/Marian Richardson[/IMG]

Marion was a babe!

0005d02f-540.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Think the girl on the left might be the one people are talking about.Sorry must go now...those pics of Marion are making me....hungry!Off for a sandwich.

084_1fde3f2fa125650f5065dd11e1bcf0c9742a7624.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh yes Marion Richardson. Whatever became of her now?
    There was another dark haired lady, not Grainne (or the girl in last pic if she's not Grainne). Not unlike Maire deBarra, petite features. If I find a picture I'll link.

Ok finally found her; Bairbre Ni Chaoimh. Google will have a pic.
    Found via thread on boards, two years old, search Bosco presenters. Sorry linking too awkward on phone, I'm all fingers and thumbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Aimeee wrote: »

I think Marion's still with RTE as a producer these days.
    The dungarees were fair dodgy!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Aine Chambers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

There was another dark haired lady, not Grainne (or the girl in last pic if she's not Grainne). Not unlike Maire deBarra, petite features. If I find a picture I'll link.

Marion presents a show on RTE Radio 1 at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Marcus O'Higgins was another great Bosco presenter. He think he went into the music business after the show finished

Aine Chambers.

Probably fled the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Brian O'Connell. RTE news.London. Must be the first UK General Election coverage without him in many years.

I know they've a new London correspondent now. I just wonder what Brian is doing now.

I missed him too. Did he retire/move to another job i wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Radio5 wrote: »
    Brian O'Connell. RTE news.London. Must be the first UK General Election coverage without him in many years.

I know they've a new London correspondent now. I just wonder what Brian is doing now.
    I think they abolished that job - and by extension, him. I remember there being a bit of a stink about it, and I think he retired when they cut back.

I don't think they have a new correspondent (open to correction on that though!) - I'd say they sent someone over for the election though.

ETA - I'll correct myself - they do indeed have a new correspondent! Fiona Mitchell, started in January. Didn't realise she was a permanent fixture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Can anyone remember the name of the woman who did the music reviews in The Sunday World in the late 80s through to about the mid 90s?Short spikey hair,kind of punkish image.She was always pushing kind of obscure Irish indie bands that she was a fan of and stating how much she hated 70s rock bands like Led Zeppelin.Seem to remember her appearing on a few panel discussions on RTE a couple of times as well.

Was it Ciana Campbell? Cannot remember the column you are talking about but Ciana did have short spikyish hair, i think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Mary Kingston, has she been mentioned? I went on the Disney Club when I was 9 with my best friend to tell a joke and she seemed like a nice sort of a person. Very natural and up for a bit of a laugh, not absolutely mad about herself like most of the other w*nker presenters on kids' shows.

Was it Ciana Campbell? Cannot remember the column you are talking about but Ciana did have short spikyish hair, i think?

I think I remember her,pretty sure shes not the person I'm refering to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Mallagio wrote: »
    Is Derek Davies still going strong?
    No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

He was in the last episode of Moone Boy, he was a great sport!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Can anyone remember the name of the woman who did the music reviews in The Sunday World in the late 80s through to about the mid 90s?Short spikey hair,kind of punkish image.She was always pushing kind of obscure Irish indie bands that she was a fan of and stating how much she hated 70s rock bands like Led Zeppelin.Seem to remember her appearing on a few panel discussions on RTE a couple of times as well.

Was it Carolyn Fisher?
    https://stillslibrary.rte.ie/indexplus/image/2107/043.html

Yes,thats her.Nice one.Wonder what shes up to these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Yes,thats her.Nice one.Wonder what shes up to these days?

Looks like she retired two years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jcon1913

Marion Richardson does Playback the 'best' of the radio from the last week. They replay all the bits you should have heard from Morning Ireland and other worthy programmes.

Edit:

Drat. Beaten to it by other posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Clare Tully

jcon1913 wrote: »
    Marion Richardson does Playback the 'best' of the radio from the last week. They replay all the bits you should have heard from Morning Ireland and other worthy programmes.

Edit:

Drat. Beaten to it by other posters.

I shared a taxi with Marian a few weeks ago. Very nice lady.

Ok I didn't realise that was her. I've heard the odd snippet of that show. Thank you. She was my favourite Bosco lady. Spent a long time searching for denim dungarees, never to be found!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Any idea what happened to another 'Anything Goes' presenter Kathy Parke (I think she was the sporty one who used to play hockey??)

000a3467-642.jpg

Advertisement