Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Autobouquets Setup ROI

• 13-03-2015 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I am running the latest version of Openvix on an original Solo2 and have the latest version of Autobouquets installed (AutoBouquets E2 - 13th Nov 2014)

I had hoped by selecting 'Republic of Ireland' as the Local Area Selection that I would get RTE as channel 101 in the Entertainment section but this is not the case. 101 = BBC NI.

My settings are :
    local area selection = Republic of Ireland
    bouquet channel list = SD
    other extra channels = yes
    bouquet channel sort = HD First
    show channel numbers = yes
    use internal nit scan = yes
    hide pli placeholder = yes
    child friendly = yes
    make default bouquets = yes
    custom channel order = yes
    scan fta only = no
    enable script checks = yes
    bouquet display style = default

If I set bouquet channel sort = "HD First" then the top section "28.2E UK Bouquets" contains channel 1-5 under Local Region (1=RTE) and then has HD channels in another section. I wanted to have Irish Channels in Entertainment section.

If I set bouquet channel sort = "Large 1st Bouquet" which I want then there it does not select channel 1-5 but starts at 101=BBC. I would like Irish channels on top. I like using a large bouquet as using right and left arrow is convenient to jump between sections.

I know I could edit my list using DreamBoxEdit but I wanted to use Autobouquets to update channels if they ever move.

What do most people do to setup/maintain their channel lists ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 daneparkinson

If your running OpenViX then you should use the inbuilt ABM - auto bouquet maker. I use it with region = ROI and the channels are generated as you require.

Not in front of box so can't give you step by step...Plenty of support on world of satellite dot com forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

Having problems with ABM, when i select roi sd and run the scan it misses the movies. run in uk mode ok but then no Irish channels....any idea of what problem is??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

local area selection = Republic of Ireland
    bouquet channel list = SD or available HD
    other extra channels = yes
    bouquet channel sort = sort3
    show channel numbers = NO
    use internal nit scan = yes
    hide pli placeholder = yes
    child friendly = yes
    make default bouquets = yes
    custom channel order = no
    scan fta only = no
    enable script checks = yes
    bouquet display style = default

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i just use nothern ireland sd, they get the best of both worlds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

It finds the movies and all other channels work fine, then sometimes they come up just black screen despite all others working....very strange,

Anyone else ever see this problem and possible solution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭stanley1

use rats bouquet updater and picon updater plugins.

http://www.satelliteworldz.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cluttrell

I've been using ABM on my VU+ Solo2 also. It works ok for the most part, but I've found that the É gets distorted so the channel names for RTÉ1 and 2 are distorted and the picon doesn't work also.

Small problem I know but annoying nonetheless as the infobar will display the picon for the previous channel you were on if it doesn't find one. I've tried editing some of the files on the CLI to no avail, they seem to be overwritten each time you run the plugin.

Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cluttrell

I've been using ABM on my VU+ Solo2 also. It works ok for the most part, but I've found that the É gets distorted so the channel names for RTÉ1 and 2 are distorted and the picon doesn't work also.

Small problem I know but annoying nonetheless as the infobar will display the picon for the previous channel you were on if it doesn't find one. I've tried editing some of the files on the CLI to no avail, they seem to be overwritten each time you run the plugin.

Any help appreciated

Oh, and I used to Use RatzBouquet but that doesn't seem to be working for some time now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

You can use the New digitalworldz v2 panel by ketmp and Rat they added sd ireland list and picons can be download also use above link by stanley1 also skins blue hd and Red hd can be downloaded also from plugin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

cluttrell wrote: »

Any help appreciated

Oh, and I used to Use RatzBouquet but that doesn't seem to be working for some time now...
    There is a update for that problem. you just ftp this file to the temp folder,Press blue button>vix>install local extension,when installed run autoboquets E2 and thats it. (you need to join the forum to download it)
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?50150-RT%C9-picons-missing&p=390747&viewfull=1#post390747

• Advertisement
Advertisement