Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Payments online

Options
  • 13-03-2015 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I paid my bill online before eircom was due to go into direct debit,logged into my bank online this morning and after paying my bill before hand you guys eircom went into direct debit anyway and my bank charged my 10 euro as i hadn't got enough funds,hello it was paid already,so why did you go into my bank and try and take it out again,now i am down 10 euro through eircom's Direct Debit system??

Angry..please explain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Robarley wrote: »
    I paid my bill online before eircom was due to go into direct debit,logged into my bank online this morning and after paying my bill before hand you guys eircom went into direct debit anyway and my bank charged my 10 euro as i hadn't got enough funds,hello it was paid already,so why did you go into my bank and try and take it out again,now i am down 10 euro through eircom's Direct Debit system??

Angry..please explain
    Hi Robarley

The application of for direct debit payment is made 10 working days before the day of it's withdrawal from your bank account. There is no way to reverse this unless you cancel direct debit before the commencement of that advanced 10 working day period.

If you feel this may happen again it may be best to cancel the direct debit with eircom by contacting eircom accounts via WebChat www.eircom.ie/chatnow or on free phone 1901

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Angry..please explain
    Hi Robarley

The application of for direct debit payment is made 10 working days before the day of it's withdrawal from your bank account. There is no way to reverse this unless you cancel direct debit before the commencement of that advanced 10 working day period.

If you feel this may happen again it may be best to cancel the direct debit with eircom by contacting eircom accounts via WebChat www.eircom.ie/chatnow or on free phone 1901

Thanks
    Al
    Why do Eircom apply so far ahead for the direct debit? There is absolutely no reason to apply so far in advance.

What happens if a customer is unhappy with the amount they are being billed and wants it amended?

A customer can ask the bank not to pay a direct debit up to the day before it is due to be debited to the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Robarley

Sorry not taking this lying down,tell me why when everyone logs in their eircom online and see the paynow option,that's what i done and surely the system should have cancelled out the other one,i mean who the name off god does the accounts,even if i had the money in my account i would have paid for it twice,As i said i am not taking this,i will be ringing constantly and make sure i get my 10 euro back

Sorry not taking this lying down,tell me why when everyone logs in their eircom online and see the paynow option,that's what i done and surely the system should have cancelled out the other one,i mean who the name off god does the accounts,even if i had the money in my account i would have paid for it twice,As i said i am not taking this,i will be ringing constantly and make sure i get my 10 euro back

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Robarley

That option is there for every 'my eircom' account whether it the account is on Direct debit or not. I've discussed this with online operations and there are no plans to remove this. The online system does not transmit payment data to the direct debit if the application has already been made for direct debit (as advised above within 10 days of the Direct debit completion date) It is the banks decision to charge the failed direct debit charge and eircom cannot refund a banks charge and as advised by another user above “[/font]
    A customer can ask the bank not to pay a direct debit up to the day before it is due to be debited to the account”[font=Times New Roman","serif]

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I can ensure no failed direct debit charge is incurred on the eircom bill (this is usually charged at €15)

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Hi Robarley

That option is there for every 'my eircom' account whether it the account is on Direct debit or not. I've discussed this with online operations and there are no plans to remove this. The online system does not transmit payment data to the direct debit if the application has already been made for direct debit (as advised above within 10 days of the Direct debit completion date) It is the banks decision to charge the failed direct debit charge and eircom cannot refund a banks charge

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I can ensure no failed direct debit charge is incurred on the eircom bill (this is usually charged at €15)

Thanks
    Al

Why are Eircom forwarding dd information to the banks so far ahead - there is absolutely no need to do this and it frustrates any effort by the customer to get a wrong bill corrected.
    and as advised by another user above “[/font][/size]A customer can ask the bank not to pay a direct debit up to the day before it is due to be debited to the account”

That was never intended to be a method of dealing with wrong billing by the Company or the company frustrating customers's efforts to correct a wrong bill by forwarding dd information so unnecessarily early to the bank.

• Advertisement

dub45 wrote: »

Hi Robarley

That option is there for every 'my eircom' account whether it the account is on Direct debit or not. I've discussed this with online operations and there are no plans to remove this. The online system does not transmit payment data to the direct debit if the application has already been made for direct debit (as advised above within 10 days of the Direct debit completion date) It is the banks decision to charge the failed direct debit charge and eircom cannot refund a banks charge and as advised by another user above “
    A customer can ask the bank not to pay a direct debit up to the day before it is due to be debited to the account”

Thanks
    Al
    Why are Eircom forwarding dd information to the banks so far ahead - there is absolutely no need to do this and it frustrates any effort by the customer to get a wrong bill corrected

I'm unable to offer or debate the reasoning for such operational procedures - ultimately these are internal decisions but I can confirm this is compliant with industry regulations.

Al

Hi Robarley

That option is there for every 'my eircom' account whether it the account is on Direct debit or not. I've discussed this with online operations and there are no plans to remove this. The online system does not transmit payment data to the direct debit if the application has already been made for direct debit (as advised above within 10 days of the Direct debit completion date) It is the banks decision to charge the failed direct debit charge and eircom cannot refund a banks charge and as advised by another user above “
    A customer can ask the bank not to pay a direct debit up to the day before it is due to be debited to the account”

Thanks
    Al
    Why are Eircom forwarding dd information to the banks so far ahead - there is absolutely no need to do this and it frustrates any effort by the customer to get a wrong bill corrected

I'm unable to offer or debate the reasoning for such operational procedures - ultimately these are internal decisions but I can confirm this is compliant with industry regulations.

Al
    So could Eircom please tell us which "industry regulations" they consider they are compliant with?  There is absolutely no requirement to send dd information to the banks so far ahead of the dd date. None whatsoever!

And why are Eircom unwilling to explain to customers why they are frustrating efforts to correct any wrong bills?  This is not some secret society we are talking about here. The direct debit system affords huge advantages and savings to companies and yet that is not enough for the like of Eircom as is clearly the case here.  It is disgraceful that companies will deliberately and totally unnecessarily frustrate the efforts of customers to correct a bill and then arrogantly refuse to explain why to those customers who keep the place open remember?

"unable to ?" totally unwilling to is the reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Robarley

Thanks
    Al

Al
    So could Eircom please tell us which "industry regulations" they consider they are compliant with?  There is absolutely no requirement to send dd information to the banks so far ahead of the dd date. None whatsoever!

And why are Eircom unwilling to explain to customers why they are frustrating efforts to correct any wrong bills?  This is not some secret society we are talking about here. The direct debit system affords huge advantages and savings to companies and yet that is not enough for the like of Eircom as is clearly the case here.  It is disgraceful that companies will deliberately and totally unnecessarily frustrate the efforts of customers to correct a bill and then arrogantly refuse to explain why to those customers who keep the place open remember?

"unable to ?" totally unwilling to is the reality.
    Hi Dub45
    eircom is perfectly willing to explain any facet of a customers bill and will always correct any issue resulting in an error on our part, or on the part of customer or bank if possible.

Eircom is fully compliant with regulations around SEPA Direct Debits and maintains regular communication with its banking partners and the Banking and Payments Federation of Ireland (Formely IPSO) to ensure it keeps up to date with any regulatory changes or best practice guidelines.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Eircom customers are only ever direct debited when, or after, their bill is due e.g. If a bill falls due on a Sunday it will not be DD’ed until Monday.  [/font]
    Though I do not have exact information on the 10 day process you mention above, I have sent this to appropriate contact point for information.
    If a customer is unhappy with any billing issue we are happy to deal with case here or they can contact any of our customer care channels.

Tony 

Has there been any response as to whey Eircom consider it necessary to send this information the banks so far ahead when it is not necessary other than to frustrate a customer's efforts to correct a bill?

Advertisement