Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks & Spencer's

Options
  • 13-03-2015 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Edit I just need to rant ! Please feel fee to delete this post

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

In their eyes, your husband ordered the item and therefore the contract is between him and them.

He would need to have the initial contact, confirm the details and then he can pass the phone to you.

In any case I always find email contact is best

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Bit of a fuss over nothing surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

M & S always take longer to deliver to Ireland. Same as Amazon. In any case, I think it's 15 working days before they declare the parcel missing to Royal Mail. Is it 11 straight days or 11 working days you've been waiting?

And the Data Protection Laws here as well as the UK say they can only speak to the cardholder. That isn't you, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The fact that one representative may have broken there policy does not mean you can expect others do so. (Giving you generic advice doesn't even necessarily count as breaking data protection policy).

Generally, it will always be the billing contact that call centres can deal with, unless they have permitted differently during the current or previous conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

M & S always take longer to deliver to Ireland. Same as Amazon. In any case, I think it's 15 working days before they declare the parcel missing to Royal Mail. Is it 11 straight days or 11 working days you've been waiting?

And the Data Protection Laws here as well as the UK say they can only speak to the cardholder. That isn't you, I'm afraid.

11 working days after their email to say it was dispatched!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭orl

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That article is unrelated to this thread, and relates to Health & Safety in the workplace, not a Consumer Issue.

Thread closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement