Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest delivery to to the US ?

Options
  • 13-03-2015 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭

Have between 50 & 100 packages a week to go to the USA, weight is under 500g for each (average 475g). An post is quoting me €5.80 which is just over 25% of the Value making it too expensive to do.

I don't want to charge postage to the end user because it makes it less of a deal for them.

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

OU812 wrote: »
    Have between 50 & 100 packages a week to go to the USA, weight is under 500g for each (average 475g). An post is quoting me €5.80 which is just over 25% of the Value making it too expensive to do.

I don't want to charge postage to the end user because it makes it less of a deal for them.

Any suggestions ?

Whether or not you charge additional postage for the user isn't really going to change how much of a deal they get you have to charge what you have to charge. Going with the free postage option looks better value but unless its an item people would only ever buy one of it works out worse value for customers rather than better but people never see it that way!

What sort of dimension are the packages? With that kind of volume your best bet is to get in touch with a few couriers sales teams and try get some competition going and try to get them down to €3-€4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Well I was trying to build in the price of delivery because it's a subscription service. I was working on €3.70 because that's what I've paid before when sending similar stuff on once offs. Was told this morning because it's volume it'll be more (would have thought less, but there's an post for you).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Why don't you ship the whole 50kg parcel to someone in the US (maybe a fulfilment company) and get them to post them from there?

Customs issues etc antoinolachtnai

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You could try postal companies in other EU countries so. Swiss Post and Swedish Post seem to do a lot of this sort of thing.

I would talk to someone like http://www.ticomailworks.ie/?p=whyus to see if they can manage the thing for you. That's a fair bit of mail you're sending.

• Advertisement

Well I was trying to build in the price of delivery because it's a subscription service. I was working on €3.70 because that's what I've paid before when sending similar stuff on once offs. Was told this morning because it's volume it'll be more (would have thought less, but there's an post for you).

That makes no sense! I wish I could charge people more the more they buy!!

Trying to keep it under a certain figure Jimmii, interpretation of value. Also need to keep it under 500g for postage, if I go over, it adds another 60% as there's nothing between 500g & 1kg

Trying to keep it under a certain figure Jimmii, interpretation of value. Also need to keep it under 500g for postage, if I go over, it adds another 60% as there's nothing between 500g & 1kg

Yeah there are big jumps in their pricing alright. Hopefully one of the couriers is able to come through for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

I use These Guys for warehousing and order fulfillment and they provide an excellent service. They are a division of Cyclone Couriers.

We don't send to US but if you are sending 50-100 packages per week I'm sure they could do something for you, Johnny is the man to speak to.

Best of luck with it

Advertisement