Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to create direct payment system from CreateSpace (Amazon) to my BoI account

Options
  • 13-03-2015 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I am launching my new book on the Amazon site CreateSpace.  The online form requires that I submit my banking details to enable them to pay me by direct deposit. I correctly filled in the required banking information, including IBAN and SWIFT numbers,  regarding my BoI account and ticked the box to indicate that this is within the EU. However I then received a message; ‘this country is not recognized for payment.’   I have been in correspondence with CreateSpace who advise:

From your email, I understand that you would like to receive your royalty payments via Direct Deposit. I agree that Ireland is also one of the European country.  As you are aware, Direct Deposit is available for members with bank accounts in the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, and the Netherlands. We will convert your royalty earnings to your local bank currency of U.S. Dollars (USD), British Pounds (GBP) or Euro (EUR). However, some bank’s policies may not accept direct deposit or EFT transactions. We suggest you contact your bank directly for this information.

Please advise
    Val 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Val Mullally.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us here on Boards.ie.

We are very sorry to hear of the recent difficulty you encountered while trying to arrange for payments from Amazon.

As these funds are coming from another bank, we would suggest that you contact them directly and a representative will advise you of your payment options.
    Once you provide the foreign bank with your IBAN and BIC code, they should be able to arrange the payment for you however, they may apply a fee for this.
    If you are unsure of your IBAN and BIC, please see here on our website.

If you require information on the charges that apply on incoming transfers from abroad, please see here.

We hope the information above is of benefit to you. If we can assist you with anything further, please don't hesitate to contact us again.
    Laura

Advertisement