Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKC Dog Show

• 13-03-2015 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Is this still going ahead on St. Patrick's Day in Cloghran?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

The actual dog show is on tomorrow, and they're doing a Dog Expo on Paddy's Day instead.

11067477_787132654707656_3702865208441640339_n.png?oh=dfcdd5b5b94efee3ab5108c9368d6410&oe=5588D376&__gda__=1433439772_1051471766c547d082b2c40e27d9d2c1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yeah the normal show which used to be on St Patrick's day is on tomorrow. The expo is on Tues.

I'll be there tomorrow showing cooper in the veteran stakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Well cooper only went and won best veteran in show!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Has anyone been to the expo before? Is it worth the trip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Felexicon wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the expo before? Is it worth the trip?

I've been a couple of times and would say it depends on what you're after. Last year we arrived early and all the little fun shows etc weren't on for hours so we didn't hang around - it was getting packed and I knew the dogs would be too tired waiting around for 4 hours. The year before they had them in the morning and again in the afternoon which I thought was better because I was able to enter a few before the place got packed - Bailey won happiest dog lol :pac: There's a handful of stalls and then different breed clubs etc Cloughran is quite small though so it gets very busy and cramped. It's 10-15 mins away from me so not a big trek over and back.
    Not sure if I'm bothered this year tbh. I did want a new cover for one of the beds but can get it online and save myself the €10!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

tk123 wrote:
    I've been a couple of times and would say it depends on what you're after. Last year we arrived early and all the little fun shows etc weren't on for hours so we didn't hang around - it was getting packed and I knew the dogs would be too tired waiting around for 4 hours. The year before they had them in the morning and again in the afternoon which I thought was better because I was able to enter a few before the place got packed - Bailey won happiest dog lol  There's a handful of stalls and then different breed clubs etc Cloughran is quite small though so it gets very busy and cramped. It's 10-15 mins away from me so not a big trek over and back. Not sure if I'm bothered this year tbh. I did want a new cover for one of the beds but can get it online and save myself the €10!

tk123 wrote:
    I've been a couple of times and would say it depends on what you're after. Last year we arrived early and all the little fun shows etc weren't on for hours so we didn't hang around - it was getting packed and I knew the dogs would be too tired waiting around for 4 hours. The year before they had them in the morning and again in the afternoon which I thought was better because I was able to enter a few before the place got packed - Bailey won happiest dog lol  There's a handful of stalls and then different breed clubs etc Cloughran is quite small though so it gets very busy and cramped. It's 10-15 mins away from me so not a big trek over and back. Not sure if I'm bothered this year tbh. I did want a new cover for one of the beds but can get it online and save myself the €10!

Yeah I'm only a few minutes down the road myself so might throw the dog in the car and head up for a while. Always try to find something to do on Paddys day that doesn't include the pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I will be there for the parade of Annual Champions. Otherwise I would give it a miss. My daughters love it though so if you have kids it might be worth a visit.

Felexicon wrote: »
    Yeah I'm only a few minutes down the road myself so might throw the dog in the car and head up for a while. Always try to find something to do on Paddys day that doesn't include the pub

Santry park is 5 mins away and would get my vote! Only that Bailey is injured atm we'd be going for a nice long walk on Paddy's day. It's dog friendly, loads of bins for poo and you can go through the foresty parts which the dogs love! Loads of squirrels and rabbits to chase too. My friend's dog even set a pheasant out of a bush one day without realising lol!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I went to the Expo and have to say I really enjoyed it. Great seeing young kids there with their dogs and getting involved. Thought all breeders were very friendly and only willing to speak to people. A bit disappointed about the lack of stalls for doggie goodies but I'm assuming there's some reason behind that. Will definitely make this an annual event to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Roaster wrote: »
    I went to the Expo and have to say I really enjoyed it. Great seeing young kids there with their dogs and getting involved. Thought all breeders were very friendly and only willing to speak to people. A bit disappointed about the lack of stalls for doggie goodies but I'm assuming there's some reason behind that. Will definitely make this an annual event to attend.

Oh and the mother-in-law got to see Paul from Fair City :D

• Advertisement

Roaster wrote: »
    Oh and the mother-in-law got to see Paul from Fair City :D

lolololol Niamh was the judge when we won lol!!

I didn't go and then felt guilty for not taking them so will probably go next year :pac:

Advertisement