Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avantcard another interest rate hike

Options
  • 13-03-2015 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Ok so got a letter today rates are now going from 17.9 % to 22.9 % from May on my credit card. When I took this card out in 2008 it was 13.9% . This crowd must want us all to go away and get another card from the looks of it .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It seems likely.

I've moved mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I cant manage to get a new one! KBC declined me because I have savings, no loans, no outstanding balance, and used my tiny overdraft twice!! ??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

I'd imagine there was more to the decline than that. Try someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

SPM1959 wrote: »
    I'd imagine there was more to the decline than that. Try someone else.

You're right. I've secretly gambling debts they may have found!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

Yes I got the letter the other day. I was not happy, How easy is it to move to another card company with lower interest. Can anyone recommend a card company thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thats nuts, didn't get a letter.
    What are the best options to get away from these gits. I have 1500 on my card at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

castle2012 wrote: »
    Ok so got a letter today rates are now going from 17.9 % to 22.9 % from May on my credit card. When I took this card out in 2008 it was 13.9% . This crowd must want us all to go away and get another card from the looks of it .

Got the same letter today.

Major hike to 22.9% compared to what I was on.

They are obviously trying to get rid of all their customers?

They now have one of the highest APRs going by bonkers.ie and itsyourmoney.ie

Cheapest I can find is AIB's Click card at 13.6%

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

brettmirl wrote: »
    Got the same letter today.

Major hike to 22.9% compared to what I was on.

They are obviously trying to get rid of all their customers?

They now have one of the highest APRs going by bonkers.ie and itsyourmoney.ie

Cheapest I can find is AIB's Click card at 13.6%

I left them about two months ago. While looking on their site trying to find info about closing the account I noticed there is nowhere to sign up as a new customer.
    I then spent about twenty minutes on the phone with some guy trying to convince me to stay with all sorts of scaremongering about the "benefits" that I will lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

gamblor101 wrote: »
    I left them about two months ago. While looking on their site trying to find info about closing the account I noticed there is nowhere to sign up as a new customer.
    I then spent about twenty minutes on the phone with some guy trying to convince me to stay with all sorts of scaremongering about the "benefits" that I will lose.

They haven't been accepting new customers since MBNA sold them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Got away from these sharks earlier this year. Best financial move I did in ages. Try credit union to get a loan to clear them.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
Advertisement