Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VIC-20 Power Supply

Options
  • 13-03-2015 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭

Item:VIC-20 Power Supply
    POST\COLLECTION: Post
    PRICE: what do you want?
    PAYMENT METHODS: Paypal preferably

Need one of these to get my VIC-20 started for the first time in 25 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭keanebg1

I've been using a C64 PSU on a Vic20 for years without any issues.

There are 2x types of Vic 20 power supplies far as I know. Early ones have a 2 pin 9V DC connector, later ones use the same round DIN PSU connector as C64s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Great thanks ill look into this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Close thread?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

If its the 4/7 pin din ones,they come up on ebay fairly regularly.But the early ones can be fairly unreliable(the ones with the slant on the top)The black ones are not much better.I find the ones with the fins in them in the beige colour that came with the c64c a bit better.They supply 9v ac and 5v dc.
    There is a used aftermarket one made by micromate which are very good as they can be opened and repaired,the commodore ones are sealed but can be opened with a grinder and repaired with much effort as there is also a glue/epoxy inside.These would be fine if its a vic20cr.

If you end up getting a used one somewhere i would recommend checking it with a multimeter before connecting it,leave it plugged into the mains for a few hours and then go back and test it again.

If its an early vic20 then it has a small more common connector which only needs 9v.Which should be easy enough to get hold of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Great info thanks, close this one as no one seems to have one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement