Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Shield

• 14-03-2015 3:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭

This is on Netflix, get on it.

Have to say this is very good.

I did find the main Character Macky a bit cheesy at first but he's grown on me now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

Such an addictive show. Have you finished it yet?
    I totally binged on this for two weeks, would definitely be one of my all time favourite shows.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I watched the first 3 seasons during the summer, must get back to it and finish it off. It's good but it never grabbed me to the point where it was "just one more episode...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I watched the first 3 seasons during the summer, must get back to it and finish it off. It's good but it never grabbed me to the point where it was "just one more episode...."

I was a bit like that. I wasn't sure we're I had left it in season 3 and when I noticed it on Netflix, I gave it another go and just started with season 4.

Season 4 is great and it's rated the worst on imdb so I'm going to stick with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I watched this series a couple of years ago. It really deserves more attention than it got. Some of the characters are great, Shane, Macky and Dutch (i think). Must give this a rewatch seen as it's on Netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Great show with a fantastic ending.

• Advertisement

Trond wrote: »
    Great show with a fantastic ending.

I actually felt bad for Vic in the end. You could tell he hated where he ended up.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Charlie19 wrote: »

I did find the main Character Macky a bit cheesy at first but he's grown

He could do with growing, the little dwarf. It got really embarrassing when his teenage daughter began to tower over him in the last couple of series. His height, or lack of, made it really difficult to believe that he could pull women like he did as the show progressed.

Great series though, would rank it in my top five ever. And it probably has the best ending to any series I've ever seen.

Finished Season 5.

Its really starting to get interesting, I shouldn't like the Strike team and the way they go about their police work but when they're up against the likes of Forest Whitaker (Who is brilliant.. Creepy but brilliant) I cant help myself.

I'll continue to binge the next two seasons before I go back to the last season of the Wire.

This chap is gas, he's such a numpty.

steve-billings-the-shield.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I got to the end of season 5 and have had an extended break for at least a month now. It's like trying to finish a book (which I always do) that I'm not particularly enjoying.

Also, Vic seems to just pull any woman he wants. Wonder did Chiklis as producer push for that? : D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

** Spoilers below as there are a few people posting who haven't seen this yet **

Probably the best show I've ever watched. Grabbed me from the start and gets better as the series goes on (with some great guest stars in season 4 and 5). Tapers off a little towards the end but makes up for it with a fantastic last few episodes.
    Also by the end all of the main characters had been developed - especially Shane of course but even poor Ronnie who was pretty anonymous at the start.

As for Vic and his womanising.. there wasn't that many as I recall (Danni, the dog-handler one who basically fecked him around anyway, and one or two random hookups), and you have to figure that the whole Alpha male thing works too right? :p

Dutch was a great character too although the whole
    cat-strangling
    thing had the potential to take him off in a completely different direction which was never explored. You do kinda wonder though
    if he DID have anything to do with the disappearance of yer man's mother at the end.

I've seen the whole thing about 3/4 times at this stage and each time it's still as enjoyable. The
    money train
    was definitely the highlight of the series with
    Pezualla, the box and ICE/Olivia
    being the weakest .. but the scene
    where she brings Vic on a tour of his own personal hell - and promises that she'll make sure he feels every day of it - is outstanding

• Advertisement

It couldn't have finished much better, A great ending to a long series.

But I was very surprised at
    Shane and how he dealt with his own family, I really did think that he was going to sort something out.

Just started watching this again. Can't believe I forgot so much since I last watched it. Really enjoying the re watch.

Advertisement