Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Choice of footwear for casual cycling

• 14-03-2015 6:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭

Proper cycling shoes (cleats?) aren't for me, but was wondering what do people wear if they aren't big into their cycling and only do the odd bit for recreation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Have you tried mountain bike shoes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Why are they not for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I cycle as my main means of transport, but unlike maybe most people here I don't do any training or sports cycling.

I use BMX-style pedals (see picture). I already wore mostly rubber-soled footwear, so I didn't have to change anything when I switched to these pedals. There are probably power advantages to using clipless pedals and cleats, but I don't really care about that. This article endorses the use of BMX pedals, but I have no way of knowing whether it's right:
    http://www.rivbike.com/kb_results.asp?ID=45

342008.jpg

(BMX pedals, or at least the ones I've had, are easy to open up, clean and regrease, so another advantage is that I get about a decade out of each pair.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Leather runners with velcro straps suit me - avoid laces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Specialized Sonoma cycle shoes have a stiff sole but are comfortable enough for walking around in. Leave the cleat insert in place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement