Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Endurance or speed?

• 14-03-2015 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Would you train speed at shorter distances or train slower for longer ? I i want to be able to manage 22-24kph for longer distances but I can't seem to get the endurance with that speed,.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

What sort of long distances we talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Schecter01

I'm only starting out so I can manage so far 20km at 19kph average with a few small hills but only 8-10km at 22-23kph

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Add the distance first to build endurance, then once you are happy going out for 2-3 hours at a time start building up the speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Everything you do on the bike will make you faster over both short and long distances, just get out as much as you can and gradually build the length of your rides. I would focus on extending the length of your rides and speed increases will just come naturally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Just ride your bike more.

Enjoy it. Don't worry about average speeds.

Your body will adapt and you will get stronger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Don't worry about distance or speed - worry about time first. Get used to spending longer periods in the saddle, then the other two will take care of themselves (to a degree).

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Schecter01

Thanks lads, I'm quite strict on myself in most things just need to learn to chill and enjoy the ride!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Schecter01 wrote: »
    Thanks lads, I'm quite strict on myself in most things just need to learn to chill and enjoy the ride!
    Yes - judging by the amount of threads you've going on cycling, you may be simply 'over-thinking' the whole thing. Get out on the bike and enjoy it! :cool:

Advertisement