Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch screen hater seeks new phone

Options
  • 14-03-2015 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

My Blackberry died this morning, it just went blank as I read a text message and despite charging it, taking the battery in and out etc, it won't come back on so I'm facing having to replace it.

My issue is that while I want a phone that can connect to the internet, etc I hate touch screen so wondering if anyone has any recommendations for the least fiddly ones? I had a Samsung a few years back which was fine until the screen just stopped working and I suppose that's why I've liked the more reliable form of an actual keypad.

I also don't want to spend more than 200euro if possible as I just can't afford it. I'm on Billpay with O2(Three) and not due an upgrade so gonna have to buy a new phone full price unfortunately.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

If you're on billpay and not due an upgrade, surely you can't have had it that long and might be able to claim on the warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    If you're on billpay and not due an upgrade, surely you can't have had it that long and might be able to claim on the warranty?

I did consider that for a nano-second, I've only had the phone a year but have heard so many horror stories from people who've gone down that route and I've never heard of anyone being successful in getting the phone provider to replace the phone, seems the default response is that they blame the user for damaging their own phone.

I managed to get my phone up and going eventually in any case, it keeps doing the whole dying thing but blowing on the battery seems to work. Don't ask me how cos I've no clue.

Advertisement