Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drunken Muppets

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Why is it "more likely" ........ because you think so?

No, because everything in the video would suggest that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Dub guy seen English lad blaring the head off a staff member and he had the balls to stand up to him to shut him up.
    Fair focks to him I say.
    English lad should be feeling like a right tit, who kicks off at a guy in a pizza place at god knows what hour of the morning?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Macavity. wrote: »
    No, because everything in the video would suggest that.

It didn't suggest that to me and several others on here who have watched the video ......... I think the English lad was looking for trouble, the Dublin lad was looking for pizza ....... if the pizza-maker gets hurt then that means no pizza!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Wide Load wrote: »
    Looks like most places around the country on a Saturday night. I think we have more of a drunken idiot problem than we do a drinking one to be honest.

We have more of a problem with flagrent disregard for the law and a flagrant uninforcement of the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Why is it "more likely" ........ because you think so?

The Dub just kept saying "I'll fight you" over and over again and then flew into a rage very fast. I think that if I or many people I know tried to intervene to help the staff member it would be done with words.

You have a point though and it's very hard to be objective at times. The English lad was obviously a yob and his behaviour towards the pizza guy was abhorrent but I felt the blood lust shown by the Dub was totally unnecessary.

Fakman87 wrote: »
    The Dub just kept saying "I'll fight you" over and over again and then flew into a rage very fast. I think that if I or many people I know tried to intervene to help the staff member it would be done with words.

You have a point though and it's very hard to be objective at times. The English lad was obviously a yob and his behaviour towards the pizza guy was abhorrent but I felt the blood lust shown by the Dub was totally unnecessary.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Really? It only went up on Youtube a couple of days ago ........

It's 2 years old, recorded on Halloween 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    It's 2 years old, recorded on Halloween 2013.

Animals, the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

The Dublin lad held onto the English lad's arm as he knew the English lad was about to kick off at somebody (anybody) and he didn't want to get hit with a punch he wouldn't see coming ........ classic security move.
    If he was really worried about his and others safety, then he would have had both of his hands out of his pockets.
    You don't hold onto someone unless you don't want them to get away.
    If the English lad had assaulted the little guy behind the counter everybody would be on here lambasting the people that stood by and allowed the assault to occur .......... intervene to stop a bully and you're a scumbag, stand back and do nothing and you're a coward ......... you just can't win!
    You can win by not escalating tense situations in crowded areas into physical confrontations.
    Bonus points for not stamping on someone's head when they're lying on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Fakman87 wrote: »

The Dub never says "I'll fight you", he says "I'll go outside with you". 9 times out of 10 when you stand up to a bully he backs down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Im a drunken muppet and I find this thread offensive :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'd give it a 7/10 but it won't make worldstar compilation of the month though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

mikom wrote: »
    The powers that be should clamp down further on cannabis to prevent incidences like this occuring.....

Sarcasm I presume ?

I don't know what is real any-more on this board, it's a mish-mash of nonsensicals sometimes... I think. Let us all go on a week-long camping trip to the donegal mountains.

Gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Almost.

I dedicate this piano music to the bereaved on wednesday morning regarding drunk idiots killing each-other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

kneemos wrote: »
    A culchie wouldn't know what a pizza was.
    Please enlighten everyone living outside Dublin's concrete jungle as to what a pizza was or even is :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Please enlighten everyone living outside Dublin's concrete jungle as to what a pizza was or even is :rolleyes:

Good man, give it to them son, bloody Jackeens all mouth and no action. Let me tell you once they step outside the Pale they're a different fish altogether, not a peep out of them. :mad:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

I was out tonight(sat) and the vibe was ok actually. I wasn't in Temple bar or anything though.

I think it was quiet enough with people counting to to paddies.

Pizza is an oven-baked flat bread generally topped with tomato sauce and cheese. It is commonly supplemented with a selection of meats, vegetables and condiments.

Source: D'internet ;)

ps Supplemented means "added to".
    Condiments are added "things" to give flavour, salt for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Good man, give it to them son, bloody Jackeens all mouth and no action. Let me tell you once they step outside the Pale they're a different fish altogether, not a peep out of them. :mad:;)

I'LL GO OUTSIDE [the pale] WIT' YA!
    I'LL GO OUTSIDE [the pale] WIT' YA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Disappointing thread title,was expecting to see Kermit, Miss Piggy,cookie monster on a bender :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

The Dub never says "I'll fight you", he says "I'll go outside with you". 9 times out of 10 when you stand up to a bully he backs down.

Same difference. He wasn't standing up to anyone, he was looking for a fight and succeeded in causing carnage in the place when it was totally unnecessary and avoidable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Did anyone else really want the person recording its phone to fall? I hate this thing of recording everything these days.

There is someone unconcious on the ground and they are more interested in getting the video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

To my mind everyone involved had ordered pineapple on their pizza and as a result I'm OK with them all getting a hiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Sound is working fine .............. yeah it's the English lad at the counter kicking off trying to intimidate the little fella behind the counter.

Realised the problem this morning. I had the hdmi connected up to the tv, when streaming netflix last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Pizza is an oven-baked flat bread generally topped with tomato sauce and cheese. It is commonly supplemented with a selection of meats, vegetables and condiments.

Great, now google the meaning of sarcasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

To my mind everyone involved had ordered pineapple on their pizza and as a result I'm OK with them all getting a hiding.

This. Them and folk what use apple sauce with pork-chops, and cranberry sauce with white fowl. Round 'em up and send 'em all to Madagascar to await God's fiery, chainsaw-y wrath I say, oooh hell yeah mm-hmm. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The pushy chap with the "fancy hair" and the "schnakey, nasty litle gitty head-stamping when they're down" needed an almighty, quieting, life-reaffirming, smack in the puss about five seconds into the video. Would have saved a lot of fuss. Sadly, he didn't get it. Those are my conclusions. Ye probably have others.

Correct. Identify the biggest, thickest, loudest buck-ape and drop him flat. I propose nineteen-stone prop-forwards moonlighting in all these places after midnight, to drop gimps like this in good time with one JCB-like haymaker.

"Sarcasm is a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt. Sarcasm may employ ambivalence, although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic. The sarcastic content of a statement will be dependent upon the context in which it appears."

Source: D'internet.

:p

• Advertisement

Now you may Google the meaning of irony .......... as in it's ironic that you missed the sarcasm in my first reply to you to the extent that you felt the need to point out that you were being sarcastic in the first place!!! :D :rolleyes: :cool:

Advertisement