Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scimitar 1978 gte

Options
  • 14-03-2015 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, Looking for some info please ,anyone know the torque settings for the cylinder head
    bolts, also the big-end bearing bolts on a Ford v6 2994cc engine. Also was thinking of
    putting Evens Waterless Coolent in it but am getting conflicting reports about it ,some say
    its great while more say its hard on water pumps and also raises the temp in the heads.
    Anyone any advice. Want to get this right this car is costing me too many beer tokans
    Regards Patrick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

I would recommend to create a thread on scimitarweb forum in the Project progress section.

right here:

http://www.scimitarweb.co.uk/sgwrs/viewforum.php?f=20

also get one of those Autobooks Workshop manuals... they are just a simplified version of the official workshop manual for DIY people. When I bought mine on ebay back in 2012 there were couple of more available, however there in none at the moment. You can try on scimweb forum of course, there is a bigger chance to get it from there.

a1e925ff-94c5-4893-bd6a-bbe31a278cfa.jpg

b9fd850d-0e67-45a0-9eae-14ed25c11ea9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26 10X

Hi, mb 1725 and Diabhalta thanks for the reply, Will keep pluging away at this
    want to have it finished before the end of may. If you have any info that can help
    or know anyone that does please let me know.
    Regards Patrick.

Advertisement