Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock results JC

Options
  • 14-03-2015 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I did about 30 hours of study the week before the mocks split between subjects and I'm seeking advice on how to bring my grades up since I was kind of dissapointed with them. I also have about 4 science experiments to finish, then coursework B in class and a technology project which I'm not that worried about.

Results (All honours)

Irish - 65 (around 9 hours :/, still happy though)
    Geography - 60 (Spent about 5)
    History - 72
    Maths - 73
    English - 71
    Business - 66 (5 as well)
    Technology - 71
    CSPE - 72
    French - 67
    Science - 57 (Out of the 30 hours I probably spent 3 on science...)

So yeh I did seriously bad in geography, science and business and was pretty much gutted with them. I was pretty happy with Irish and French though, I usually get much lower. I was aiming to get possibly 2-3 A's and if that plan failed some high B's.

Will these results reflect on the actual junior cert? For subjects like business, french, geo & science should I just write out all the terms/phrases a load of times until I remember them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

I have to commend you on that. Those results are serious for the mocks!
    The JC mocks aren't easy as it's the first time in a state exam-like environment.
    In my JC, I did all honours like you. This was back in 2011 so not very long ago :P
    I got 8 C's, 1 B and 2 A's in the mocks.
    I ended up getting 3 A's, 4 B's and 4 C's in the actual JC so I can see your results getting even better :)

Advertisement