Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trading in a Friends unwanted car ?

• 14-03-2015 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

AS the title suggests,............ my friend bought a new car and his 1 previous owner, new NCT'd (Mar 2016)old car and has been sitting outside his home for a few months.

He does not want the hassle of selling it and has offered me the car, but it's not my type of car. It is a clean, taxed and insured, 2002 Nissan Primera 1.6 with 144k.

Can I use this car as a Trade in without having it registered in my name ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭Alucan

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cellosid

So, ....................I don't need any other paperwork for the dealer ? Just the signed Registration Cert from my friend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Sammy_Jankis

A half decent dealer would not want this car. Will give you very little. Stick it up on donedeal for 550 quid to take 500. Should be sold by Wednesday.

Then you go in a cash buyer and will have better leverage on whatever you are buying.

Did this last year with my girlfriends car on a Saturday night. Phone didn't stop ringing until it sold Monday. Had two people coming with cash and the first one took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cellosid

Good thinking Sammy,.............. was offered €700 against a €4300 priced Car, sight unseen and he will go to €4k on a straight deal ?

Any thoughts from you ''Wheeler Dealers'' ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Sell car for 500 and buy your new car for 4000. That will get you your new car for 3500

If you trade it you will need to pay 3600 for your new car.

So 100 saved. However it might be more convenient and less hassle to trade. I suppose it depends on the hassle you want yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement