Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking my Leaving Cert Subjects

• 14-03-2015 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi, I'm about to pick my LC subjects and I was wondering if I could get someone's advice and reviews about the subjects I'm planning to do.

Definite:

Irish
    English
    Spanish
    Maths

Preferred Options:

Biology
    Business Studies
    Music

Other Options:

Chemistry
    Geography
    Economics

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Pick your subjects to suit your interests and strong points.

Lots of threads about subject choices and info on them. Perhaps use the search button..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Study what you want to study. I did Economics on the back of the advice that it was an "easy A" and while I'd say it is an easier syllabus than Chemistry I'm sure, I actually detest the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭oktplz

Do Biology and Economics. Very easy subjects to learn and very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jdoe

Hi EireLemon I picked business studies as one of my subject choices. Just a bit of insight in the subject as you probably intend on doing it if it's in your 'preferred options'.
    I picked DCG, Accounting and business for my subject choice. I loved business for the junior cert and thought it was quite easy. I left the business class after Christmas I thought it was horrible. Whether it was the teacher or the subject content, I thought it was a very boring and drawn out subject it is all common sense theory based but maybe that's just me I like doing problem solving subjects and avoid all the theory. The few tests I did and the exam papers I looked at I thought they were okay. In the exam there are short questions, an article on an ABQ (Applied Business Question - you'll be hearing a lot about this) and then a good few long questions.
    I have to say it was quite different than the junior cert the main problem for me was the teacher even some of my friends that still do business have started teaching it to themselves and totally blanked her out in class.
    So my advice do business if you don't mind learning off theory etc. and are interested in it and make sure you get a good teacher or else it will be a nightmare! Also I found that business was a really easy subject to find notes and resources online so that'll be handy to revise with. Good Luck and if you've any questions I won't mind answering !

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mahmoudsaid_1

Do what your good at and what benefits you for uni

• Advertisement
Advertisement