Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 activation

• 14-03-2015 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I had to rebuild a laptop a few months back and activated the license using the telephone code for Microsoft. It was a genuine license using the code on the bottom of the laptop.
    However the person came back to me yesterday with a notice saying this copy of windows is not genuine. I tried slmgr -rearm in command prompt and kept getting error 0x80000750 ( i think). Also it was saying the registry was corrupt and unreadable.
    I know that I will have to rebuild the laptop but is there any way of ensuring that this will not happen again.

Comments

Since it said "corrupt and unreadable", are you sure that the hard drive or RAM wasn't the problem that caused the machine to be rebuilt in the first place? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Thanks Karsini for the reply. The reason the laptop had to be rebuilt was because there was encryption software on it and it was being transferred to another user.

Advertisement