Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions

Options
  • 14-03-2015 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Hey
    Due to the large number of people online under the one roof, the internet can get frustratingly slow at times, which can be a massive pain to me as I use it very often for streaming, gaming and downloading. I have come to the conclusion that getting my own internet would be the best thing for me, as the current speeds of under 3mbs just aren't cutting it.
    So I have a few questions for you:
    -Would I be able to have two different broadband plans running in a house using two different accounts?
    - Is there a broadband "bundle" that doesn't include anything TV or phone related, as all I'm looking for is my own wired connection that doesn't strain when more than two people are using it at one time?
    - Will there be Efibre available in Wicklow Town/ Rathnew any time soon?
     Checking eircom's website, it says that Efibre has reached my town, however my neighbour has been calling asking about it for months now, and each time they tell him that it's a few weeks away.
    I apologise for the wall of text, I can't seem to get my message across clearly through writing, hopefully you'll understand :p
    Thanks!

(Wasn't sure if this was under "General Query" or "Technical", if it's in the wrong category just ignore it)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Eoghan S wrote: »
    Hey
    Due to the large number of people online under the one roof, the internet can get frustratingly slow at times, which can be a massive pain to me as I use it very often for streaming, gaming and downloading. I have come to the conclusion that getting my own internet would be the best thing for me, as the current speeds of under 3mbs just aren't cutting it.
    So I have a few questions for you:
    -Would I be able to have two different broadband plans running in a house using two different accounts?
    - Is there a broadband "bundle" that doesn't include anything TV or phone related, as all I'm looking for is my own wired connection that doesn't strain when more than two people are using it at one time?
    - Will there be Efibre available in Wicklow Town/ Rathnew any time soon?
     Checking eircom's website, it says that Efibre has reached my town, however my neighbour has been calling asking about it for months now, and each time they tell him that it's a few weeks away.
    I apologise for the wall of text, I can't seem to get my message across clearly through writing, hopefully you'll understand :p
    Thanks!

(Wasn't sure if this was under "General Query" or "Technical", if it's in the wrong category just ignore it)
    Hi Eoghan S

If you could PM me your existing eircom account number I will investigate all this and get back to you by tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

Hi Eoghan S

If you could PM me your existing eircom account number I will investigate all this and get back to you by tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan
    I sent the pm a few days ago, just making sure you got it alright?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Eoghan S wrote: »
    Hi Eoghan S

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan
    I sent the pm a few days ago, just making sure you got it alright?
    Thanks
    Hi Eoghan S

Yes, got it - apologies for the delays. I'll get back to you PM very shortly

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement