Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning (the non gravy kind?)

Options
  • 14-03-2015 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My grandmother keeps mentioning trying to get a bottle of browning and having looked in the likes of tesco and Dunne's can't seem to find any. She says its not the one used for gravy, she wants to use it to color a chester cake she's planning on making. Does anyone know what exactly it is or where I could find it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

My mum used to have a bottle of gravy browning that she used to colour the Christmas cakes she made, so I think it is actually the same thing, just used for more than one purpose.

Apparently Tesco have it, although maybe not in all branches ...

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=274753098

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

She complained the one she bought, a different brand, was too salty but maybe she just added to much. I'll keep an eye out for that one in a different branch, thanks Alun

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I know Good all are still making it, and I have a bottle of Sarsons here in the press. It seemed to disappear here for a few years, but I could always nip over the border to Enniskillen, where it was always available

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I think it was Goodalls that my mum used now you mention it.

Advertisement