Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do big clubs record what goes on in the dressing room?

• 14-03-2015 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭

Bizarre question I know but having just watched the excellent Formula 1 documentary Senna I was amazed by how much the McLaren Mercedes team filmed so much behind the scenes footage, even putting their own cameras on board the cars as far back as the early 1990's, i.e 20 years before the TV companies did. They obviously did it to help them analyse the race and how their drivers performed, a pretty useful tool I'd imagine.

Which got me wondering do the big clubs in football record what gets said in the dressing room before and after games, half time, etc. If so what would the footage be used for, would be board of directors be taking a look at the managers team talks/tactics if his job was under threat? Or would they just record it for posterity ?

It probably doesnt go on? But a behind the scenes documentary along the lines of Senna but on Alex Ferguson or Carlo Ancelotti would make for interesting viewing indeed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Isn't the dressing room where players shower and change their clothes ?

Sounds illegal if you were recording all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Don't ask, don't tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Bizarre question I know but having just watched the excellent Formula 1 documentary Senna I was amazed by how much the McLaren Mercedes team filmed so much behind the scenes footage, even putting their own cameras on board the cars as far back as the early 1990's, i.e 20 years before the TV companies did. They obviously did it to help them analyse the race and how their drivers performed, a pretty useful tool I'd imagine.

Which got me wondering do the big clubs in football record what gets said in the dressing room before and after games, half time, etc. If so what would the footage be used for, would be board of directors be taking a look at the managers team talks/tactics if his job was under threat? Or would they just record it for posterity ?

It probably doesnt go on? But a behind the scenes documentary along the lines of Senna but on Alex Ferguson or Carlo Ancelotti would make for interesting viewing indeed.

It was done with Sunderland when they were in the Premier League in the 1990's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It was done with Sunderland when they were in the Premier League in the 1990's.

Yep, for the documentary called 'Premier Passions' which shows the 1996/1997 season, our last at Roker Park. Quite entertaining for the neutral I'd imagine as we were relegated on the last day of the season despite being comfortable at Christmas. It also showed bits and pieces from boardroom meetings etc.

Here's the dressing room bits cut into a YouTube video:

Episode 1 is below, with the following 4 easily found on YouTube also uploaded by the same guy:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,697 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Isn't the dressing room where players shower and change their clothes ?

Sounds illegal if you were recording all that
    Pretty sure it would be illegal unless everyone involved was informed with no objections

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Nice one,Paully. I'll check them out tomorrow...looks interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Dunno about cameras in the dressing rooms but alot of clubs do the tunnel cams, City being one, pretty cool to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Oh for **** sake, now I've just spent the last 2 and a half hours watching ****ing Big Ron Manager. Thank Christ I'm off tomorrow. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Paully D wrote: »
    Oh for **** sake, now I've just spent the last 2 and a half hours watching ****ing Big Ron Manager. Thank Christ I'm off tomorrow. :pac:

"When it's a battle, YOU F****** BATTLE!"

Advertisement