Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMessage Activation issue

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

culabula wrote: »
    Please note it's 51369. Original contributor made a boo-boo.

Weirdly I did too & ended texting the correct number!

Thankfully all seems to be working fine now, thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

It should just work unless there's some issue with porting.

Did you activate it before the number ported on the temporary number my any chance?

Switch off iMessage and FaceTime and log out of iCloud.

Then restart the phone.

Then reactivate all of those services.

The previous issue that started this thread was an iCloud services outage a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

iMessage is an "over the top" service. The network has no control over it.

Activation occurs by sending a text message to a number to confirm the handset's the owner of that number. That's all that happens.

All the messaging happens over the public internet - the carrier has absolutely no role in that.

If your caller ID was incorrect you would confuse the activation services though

Send test message to the activation relay number posted further back up this thread. If that goes through and responds - there's nothing wrong with your service.

You may just need to wait.

Also make sure you make at least one chargeable call on the sim to ensure its activated properly.

• Advertisement

I reactivated iMessage on 23rd April and the verification text was sent to +447537410247 rather than an Irish shortcode, confirmed from my bill. On Tesco Mobile here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

SpaceTime wrote: »
    iMessage is an "over the top" service. The network has no control over it.

Activation occurs by sending a text message to a number to confirm the handset's the owner of that number. That's all that happens.

All the messaging happens over the public internet - the carrier has absolutely no role in that.

Not entirely true...My iMessage was stuck on activating for days, i contacted apple who said it was a carrier issue. I then contacted 3 and it was resolved within an hour.

Only carrier issue possible is that the carrier wasn't allowing access to an activation number.

Shouldn't be any issue.

Advertisement