Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are your Patrick's Day plans?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm gonna wander round some caves with my dog :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

kfallon wrote: »
    I've had a hell of a last 11 days or so on the beer, had enough of it now so I'm not stirring tomorrow, not even gonna go out the front door at any stage

11 days?? You'll be having nightmares for a few nights after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

dmc17 wrote: »
    11 days?? You'll be having nightmares for a few nights after that.

Last night was not pretty :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Currently sitting in a coffee shop. Town is absolutely mobbed, it'll be a tough push to find anywhere later where one can sit and have a pint plus conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Brew beer, drink beer...

Preventative maintenance & cleaning of motorcycle...

Drink more beer, smoke weed, listen to Bluegrass :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Don't know yet, be watching some of the parade on tv maybe see the local one. Go into town anyway during the day to see what's happening probably. Don't know what else I am doing, probably a quiet one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Take my nephew (he's 2) out for a while in my classic car, try to find a run somewhere around Dublin/Wicklow.

Go for something to eat then in the evening.

Avoid Dublin cc as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

When I woke up this morning, I was looking forward to a lazy day with a take away and a bottle of wine tonight.

Then a neighbour phoned at 0800, followed by two more calling round so now I'm in it.

I'd post a few pictures but sadly not allowed here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Brew beer, drink beer...

Preventative maintenance & cleaning of motorcycle...

Drink more beer, smoke weed, listen to Bluegrass :D

Lucky bastard. Sounds like Heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

isn't there a song that goes along the lines....

"oh holy st patrick the saint of our isle"
    "who upon us poor children restored a sweet smile"

think i remember singing it in primary school :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭MattD1349

Got to work today.😭 and I've to use the bus. Fuk!

fryup wrote: »
    isn't there a song that goes along the lines....

"oh holy st patrick the saint of our isle"
    "who upon us poor children restored a sweet smile"

think i remember singing it in primary school :confused:

Was sang at mass last night by the choir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Today is work work work. Starting 12 and I will be lucky to get out around 10. :(

My buddy took my dog for the day just now, so he wouldnt be alone all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

Got invited to meet up with friends in town for drinks but I just couldn't be bothered, getting drunk in super-packed pubs then the hassle of getting home then up for work tomorrow. Couldn't be bothered. I should feel ashamed, but I don't. I just feel old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Can't find any Shamrock , so going to wear my Easter Lily instead today .:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Finished a busy week of work this morning, had a quick snooze.
    Chatted with brother in Oz, who predicted the Irish tv programmes for today.I managed to avoid Flight of the Doves-which is always a bonus.

Had a Zillion calories for brunch, gonna head out for a long run soon.
    Then I fully intend to do absolutely nothing for the rest of the day as am off work until Friday.
    Life is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

The Dublin parade on the telly is weak. I was delighted when the ads came on.

Edir:
    Much better with the sound turned off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Working, being amused by the canteen's pathetic attempt at a "Dublin coddle", go for a run after I get home and then watch the gooners say goodbye to Champions League football for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

So far today I've eaten some ginger snap biscuits. The rest of the day will continue the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭pretty boy floyd

I'm going to a star party...which is certainly a 1st for me on a St Patricks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Chillling out, watching the parade on tv and eating a nice dinner at home, used to drink myself silly patricks day in the past, now getting older im not that bothered about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Working, being amused by the canteen's pathetic attempt at a "Dublin coddle", go for a run after I get home and then watch the gooners say goodbye to Champions League football for another year.

Had to google that - there are some interesting recipes around for it must say. Think I'll pass :p

Well our little parade was grand, helped in no little way by the glorious sunshine.

Met loads of people I hadn't seen in ages, all threatening to put my picture up on FarseBook. :mad:

Edit: Did find a couple of recipes where the bacon and sausage is grilled first. Didn't look quite so anemic. May give it a go after all

I was at the gym and now I'm going to read and pack for a trip tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Had to google that - there are some interesting recipes around for it must say. Think I'll pass :p

They replaced the sausages with grilled pork chops. HERESY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Nothing, might head to my friends, but I've cut down on drinking the last while as it makes me feel so sh!te. So no town for me tonight! Also work tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Actually booked the day off work tomorrow in anticipation of a day on the beer but now I'm not arsed. Watching the club finals, will grab a take away later and watch the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I was at possibly the shortest and crappiest parade ever in my local park. I wouldn't have even classed it as a parade. It was over in around five minutes. Not exactly packed with stalls either, apart from an ice-cream van! Quite a big turn out, and, not surprisingly, not one positive comment about it so far, from what I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

10 am. Bowl of muesli and an apple.
    10.30 am. 5 mile walk.
    12.30 pm. Brown bread, 2 eggs, 5 rashers, 3 sausages. Tea.
    1.30 pm. Hang up washing, put on another wash
    2 pm. Telly (walking dead, scandal, broadchurch)
    6 pm. Dinner ( spuds, peas, chicken, gravy)
    6.30 pm. More telly.
    11.00 pm. Shower then bed.

Exciting stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Working. Cleared out a massive flower bed and am putting together a planting plan for it now, going to put in a nice small tree and a large herbaceous border. A nicer way to spend a sober paddys day i couldn't think of. I love my job.

Advertisement