Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

giant propel

• 14-03-2015 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭

Put deposit on a giant propel pro 1 today out of the catalogue so my question is does anybody have 1 just looking for a bit of feedback guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

jackstaff wrote: »
    Put deposit on a giant propel pro 1 today out of the catalogue so my question is does anybody have 1 just looking for a bit of feedback guys

Shouldn't you have done this BEFORE putting a deposit on the bike?

I had a short spin on one last summer, not sure on the model but it had full Ultegra 6800 groupset and was silver in colour. It was a lovely bike but I only cycled maybe 1km on it and in that time I was thinking this might not be a very comfortable bike for long distance spins/sportives but saying that it wasn't set up for me and the saddke height was a tad too high for me. I really like the look of them and it was nice and light /nimble. That's about as much as I can contribute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Apparently it's not as harsh a ride as the TCR Advanced 1.

nice looking ride though but as above might have been an idea to do some research before hand and have you got an expected delivery date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭jackstaff

Lads I've obviously done a lot of homework on the bike just not asked the question here that all.

Some people Say too harsh if not racing don't buy
    And others say it's the same as tcr which is grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭pot p

Was goin to purchase 1 myself but decided not to buy at the moment. Test rode the advanced 2, I personally like it, has an agressive position but has comfort. On the short spin I brought it on it felt very fast. 1 problem I did hav with it were the brakes, not very responsive, be careful if braking in a bunch. I wud hav no problem recommending the bike, when I'm in a situation to change it will be my next bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

pot p wrote: »
    Was goin to purchase 1 myself but decided not to buy at the moment. Test rode the advanced 2, I personally like it, has an agressive position but has comfort. On the short spin I brought it on it felt very fast. 1 problem I did hav with it were the brakes, not very responsive, be careful if braking in a bunch. I wud hav no problem recommending the bike, when I'm in a situation to change it will be my next bike

Own brand pads is probably the issue, good set of shimano pads or swiss stop and you'd be swinging Jackstaff.
    On a side note, make sure you get fitted in store or you may end up forking out for a 1 1/4 Stem if you get fitted in a stand alone studio. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭julio_iglayzis

I have an advanced 2 and it's fantastic. I would definitely recommend getting a proper fit done, it is very aggressive and stiff and if your setup is off you'll suffer on it - Aidan Hammond sorted mine out.
    It is an absolute rocket of a bike and I definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭jackstaff

Thanks guys l do think a bike fit is important will be first thing to do alright.

I'll look into them pads haven't tested rode a propel but il keep an eye on that cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

haha you're welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭nok2008

Have the propel a couple of weeks and really like it. Was expecting harsher ride but impressed enough after long spin at weekend. Only prob I am having is with the v brakes and getting them set up properly.

Advertisement