Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playgrounds in Drogheda South

Options
  • 15-03-2015 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

Or places to go with 2 years old? Any nice parks maybe? Moving soon and I'm a bit terrified by the lack of such amenities compared to Dublin. Hopefully I'm wrong :) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mornington man

If moving from Dublin, then not as good. But, there is a lovely Childrens Playground in Laytown and Bettystown. Also, Sonairte (between Laytown and Julianstown) have a lovely walk, playground and coffee shop. The beach (Meath Coast) entry at Laytown, Bettystown or Mornington is great, but can get very busy in the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

There's a playground and park alongside the Boyne near the Bridge of Peace in Drogheda. Oldbridge isn't too far outside town, lots of green space.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

If moving from Dublin, then not as good. But, there is a lovely Childrens Playground in Laytown and Bettystown. Also, Sonairte (between Laytown and Julianstown) have a lovely walk, playground and coffee shop. The beach (Meath Coast) entry at Laytown, Bettystown or Mornington is great, but can get very busy in the Summer.

There is nice playground in bettystown near the tesco... Only 5 min drive... Another playground in laytown around a 10 min drive....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

Thanks to All for ideas, time to buy a second car me thinks (and get a full licence ha!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

The city north hotel off the M1 has the same amount of children's playgrounds as Drogheda, which is one. That's one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

The city north hotel off the M1 has the same amount of children's playgrounds as Drogheda, which is one. That's one.

U cant compare either. City north one is a fraction of the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

U cant compare either. City north one is a fraction of the size.

I wasn't comparing the size. I was comparing the amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

Battle of Boyne site is an amazing facility - beautiful greens, walks, families having a good time with children playing and pets etc. There is also a busy but rather expensive cafe in the walled gardens, and at the back of the garden there's a large "bowl" shaped playground which kids (of all ages) would love to kick a ball around.

You need to drive to get to nice places - and if you are driving, Ardgillan Castle between Balbriggan and Skerries is fantastic as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Endthescam

Ive seen a good few reports on Facebook of approaches made to children in Louth and Meath playgrounds. Be aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Endthescam wrote: »
    Ive seen a good few reports on Facebook of approaches made to children in Louth and Meath playgrounds. Be aware.
    Well if it's on Facebook - it must be true!

Always amazes me how we appear to have the worst paedophiles in the world. They never seem to actually abduct anyone but by all accounts, it's not from the lack of trying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

Should have done my research before moving not after I suppose (and don't believe the developer;) Lessons learnt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

uli84 wrote: »
    Should have done my research before moving not after I suppose (and don't believe the developer;) Lessons learnt :D

Uli84, I hope you got sorted! There is a free indoor play zone in scotch hall shopping centre that a lot of people rave about. :)

Advertisement