Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladies road bike advice.

• 15-03-2015 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭

My missus is looking for a road bike.
    She's 5'2.
    I'd rather not get a small gents bike.
    Any obvious recommendations??
    I saw a girl on a nice ladies giant recently not sure what it was though.
    Budget is 1k as using the BTW and wants to keep it to that.
    Marty.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

I'm 5'4 and have a size 49 Specialized Tarmac, love it, but maybe a little big for your wife. The Amira is the women's version, very little diffetence, but sizing goes down to a 44. Most of the smaller women I know have opted for that brand.

A lot more options out there now and Giant seem to have really developed their women's Liv range. The last 2 World Champions are on their bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Bikes are uni-sex. Saddles are where women might need something specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Raam wrote: »

and smaller people, once you go below my height, even men can end up buying women's bikes. Kona are the first brand I've seen design a bike for smaller riders that isn't gender specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

Raam wrote: »

And handlebars for those of us with small hands.

OP I have the giant avail 2. Its a grand bike around that price bracket with tiagra groupset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Cheers all.
    I'll look into that specialized and the giant Liv so.
    I understand for the most part bikes are unisex however if it looks better it's more likely to be used.
    Marty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

I am 4"11 and have the 44cm Specialized Dolce and it is a great little bike for smaller riders. The spec on mine wasn't amazing but I bought the lowest end one, and to be honest it is fine for training spins and some of the Corkagh Park crit races.

Advertisement