Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for some eFibre info for my area

Options
  • 15-03-2015 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Hi Eircom guys and gals

I am not currently an Eircom customer but I had an Eircom rep call to me on Friday stating that eFibre was now in my estate and offering up to 70/80 meg connection. Having had a bad experience with Eircom the last time I signed up from a door salesman I declined but decided to look into it online.

So my estate is showing in the efibre green area coverage map. When I enter my address it states though that efibre is not yet available. I checked every house in the estate and my next door neighbours house comes up as being ready for efibre. In fact they are the only house out of 34 that come up as ready for some reason. I know the map is not completely accurate and is a guide only but why does one house seem to be ready and the others not?

I live in the village of Dualla in County Tipperary. Is there anything I can do to look onto this further to see exactly what the current situation is?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Harcrid wrote: »
    Hi Eircom guys and gals

I am not currently an Eircom customer but I had an Eircom rep call to me on Friday stating that eFibre was now in my estate and offering up to 70/80 meg connection.  Having had a bad experience with Eircom the last time I signed up from a door salesman I declined but decided to look into it online.

So my estate is showing in the efibre green area coverage map. When I enter my address it states though that efibre is not yet available. I checked every house in the estate and my next door neighbours house comes up as being ready for efibre. In fact they are the only house out of 34 that come up as ready for some reason. I know the map is not completely accurate and is a guide only but why does one house seem to be ready and the others not?

I live in the village of Dualla in County Tipperary.  Is there anything I can do to look onto this further to see exactly what the current situation is?

Thanks for your help.
    Hi Harcrid

Unfortunately in some cases not all lines can avail of efibre even when neighbouring lines can for a number of reasons - feel free to PM me your land line number and I'll see if there's anything I can do about this

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Hi Harcrid

Unfortunately in some cases not all lines can avail of efibre even when neighbouring lines can for a number of reasons - feel free to PM me your land line number and I'll see if there's anything I can do about this

Al

Thanks for the response Alan. I am not currently an Eircom customer and I don't have a phone line. If I was to give you my exact address by PM would that help?

Hi Harcrid

Al

Thanks for the response Alan. I am not currently an Eircom customer and I don't have a phone line. If I was to give you my exact address by PM would that help?
    Hi Harcrid

Yes if you could PM me the address I'll do my best to get some more info on this for you

Thanks
    AL

Done.

Done.
    Hi Harcrid

Thanks for the PM,

I have looked in to this and discussed this with efibre operations. I'm sorry to confirm that the cabinet serving efibre in your area is at a maximum capacity to it's dedicated cabled lines - basically meaning until more works are performed to increase capacity eircom will be unable to offer or sell you efibre broadband. I have tried to get as much information from operations who have advised me that while plans are scheduled for the cabinet yet we should likely have more information on this towards September.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news right now Harcrid.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Done.
    Hi Harcrid

Thanks for the PM,

I have looked in to this and discussed this with efibre operations. I'm sorry to confirm that the cabinet serving efibre in your area is at a maximum capacity to it's dedicated cabled lines - basically meaning until more works are performed to increase capacity eircom will be unable to offer or sell you efibre broadband. I have tried to get as much information from operations who have advised me that while plans are scheduled for the cabinet yet we should likely have more information on this towards September.

Thanks
    Al
    No Problem. I appreciate you looking into this for me Alan.  Cheers.

Done.
    Hi Harcrid

Thanks for the PM,

Thanks
    Al
    No Problem. I appreciate you looking into this for me Alan.  Cheers.
    You're welcome Harcrid

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement