Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workshop to rent

• 15-03-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

new here so I hope I am going about this the right way.

I'm a furniture maker and I have recently been contracted with another company although this is great it leaves my workshop empty for the best part of the week. I have no intention of letting the workshop go and I would like to do something a little creative with it. I would like to create a creative hub where makers and designers of all disciplines can use the space and machinery to create without huge commitment issues, massive rent and rates.

I would love to get some opinions and thoughts on the idea and of course if anyone is interested you can PM me.

Workshop is 2000sq ft in Delgany Co Wicklow.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,046 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you should find out where the local woodturner's guild meets and see if they'd be interested in your space?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nellythetank

you should find out where the local woodturner's guild meets and see if they'd be interested in your space?

That's a really good idea, never thought of them. I'll get onto them this week and see what comes of it. Anyone else out there??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,046 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's a chap in greystones trading as two wooden horses who might know someone too - he's a very approachable guy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭knickerbocker

Will PM you, might be interested, have a worksho dilemma going on at the moment!

Will PM you, might be interested, have a worksho dilemma going on at the moment!

Nothing worse than a workshop dilema, look forward to hearing from you.

• Advertisement

there's a chap in greystones trading as two wooden horses who might know someone too - he's a very approachable guy too.

I called the guy, very interesting. Will keep you posted in the developments!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

the problem you will have is that if you open it up to the public you have public liability insurance concerns... especially if you charge for the space. I know this isn't America, but you still might want to see how to cover yourself in the event someone hurt themselves and they come back looking for a quick buck from you...

DeVore wrote: »
    the problem you will have is that if you open it up to the public you have public liability insurance concerns... especially if you charge for the space. I know this isn't America, but you still might want to see how to cover yourself in the event someone hurt themselves and they come back looking for a quick buck from you...

Hi,
    Yes this is something I thought about...... Something I will have to look into if the space does become the creative hub I am thinking about. Cheers for your concerns

Hi All,

Just thought I would follow up on what has been happening. From some of your inputs I have generated a lot of interest, although nothing has been set in stone I am hopeful that something will come up soon. I am in a much better position than I was before I wrote the post so thank you all for your help and as always if you have anything to ad just drop a line or pm me. Talk soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 matthew0860

Hi there
    Do you still have you workshop available , I am thinking of making some furniture and have been looking around for it
    Thanks

• Advertisement

worth noting that nellythetank has not been active since the post above yours.

Hi there
    Do you still have you workshop available , I am thinking of making some furniture and have been looking around for it
    Thanks

Hi, the workshop is full now but if you want to pm me with what you want to do I might be able to help.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I'd be afraid the machines would end up getting to much wear and tear myself. We all know how expensive they can be to buy an also to repair.

Advertisement