Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One day Soccer forum ban

Options
  • 15-03-2015 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭

There is a policy of no chat in the humour thread in the soccer forum. It's a good policy to stop discussion and keep it to jokes.

I've received a one day ban for chat in the thread and I've done no such thing. The mod has clearly made an error. I've pmed him but he isn't responding. I'd like the ban lifted please.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As you know that thread has a strict "no chat" rule

The mod instructions in the OP include this:
    Its really simple, keep this thread to Pics, Videos, Gifs and Quotations.

Your post was simply quoting 2 prior posts and you only added some narrative. Yes you may have considered that narrative "amusing" but it does not fit the requirements of the OP. Starting to "discuss" those other 2 posts in that way can be seen as "chat". That's the way the way the mod saw it, and the 1 day ban followed a number of reports of that particular post also claiming it was "chat"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I didn't add "narrative". I added a joke. In the Humour thread. I wasn't posting about the weather or who has the best team in the league. I posted a joke.

The no chat rule was put in place to stop people bickering. The united fans getting up in arms when the Liverpool fans post a joke at their expense and vice versa. You know this.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I understand that. The problem is the mod did act in accordance with the rules for that thread. Having said that I see where you are coming from and do appreciate there was some humour in the post. I appreciate the ban is almost over already but I'll lift it anyway.

One thing I may though discuss with the local mods is whether the thread rules should explicitly state that reference to other posts should not be allowed at all as plenty of posters see that as chat, and potentially encouraging others to join in

I'll lift the ban now

Thank you.

It was one day, not a massive period of time. It was just the principle of it. A joke is a joke, ye know?

I cant post in the forum. Its well past the 24 hours anyway. Whats going on?

• Advertisement

That's weird - no ban was showing. I've re-granted access so hopefully you can now

Yes thanks I can post again now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement