Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feel alone

Options
  • 15-03-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I dont know if this is in the right section. But i am due in may i am just wondering has anyone felt alone at any times of your pregnancy. Just the last week i have felt so alone and cannot stop crying.

Anyone else ever felt like this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I can't say I have but then again I have a supportive partner who has been with me every step of the way.

What is making you feel this way? Prenatal depression is a real thing. Maybe having a chat with your GP/midwife will be beneficial?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bean14

Hormones play such a huge part of being pregnant. My mood went from highs to lows for no reason. Just like January said above definitely talk to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Are you ok? I have highs and lows but supportive friends and family does help. Maybe talk to someone...or the parents on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Yes I have felt like that on both my pregnancies and I also had a supportive partner every step of the way. But when you feel like that it doesn't matter what support is around you. You can feel very alone as you say.

Yes hormones can be up and down but a week is a long time to be down and constantly crying. Postnatal depression very often starts during pregnancy. On reflection I think that's what I had but dismissed it due to hormones - I assumed it was 'normal' - it's not.

Go down to your GP and have a chat about it. There are people you can be referred to if it is depression and there is medication that is safe to take during pregnancy. The most important think is that you feel ok and looked after so that you begin to feel better and have a healthy pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I'm being treated for depression and anxiety. I see a consultant in holles street who deals specially with post natal and perinatal depression.

I've been taking tablets as well.

If your feeling down its always good to talk to your GP to get some help.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

All the time,I didn't have good pregnancies and the struggle of trying to keep a house almost presentable and doing washing and the dishwasher and generally struggling.
    Are you on your own or do you have support?

Advertisement