Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Parts Wanted] e46 airbag sensor unit

• 15-03-2015 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I don't know what the rules are on looking for wanted parts on this forum so mods please move/delete as appropriate. The airbag light is on in the dash of my 2002 318ci (e46 engine) and I need to fix it for the NCT. I had the codes read and I got the result:

70: Passenger seat occupancy sensor. There are a few possible reasons for this and I am trying to eliminate the causes one by one. The main cause of this issue is the seat occupancy mat open circut/short circuit. I bought the bypass unit off ebay and reset the codes but the light came back on after a short drive. The other potential causes are:

Earth short, short to B+ (I have no idea what this means), or faulty communications.

To try to resolve these I am looking for the sensor control unit and the wiring connector plug (pictures attached). If anyone has either/both parts could they PM me? The sensor is found under the passenger seat and just slides out of its holder. You shouldn't need any tools at all to access them. The wiring plug might be a bit harder to disconnect. Would really appreciate it if someone has them

Wiring connector plug
    Sensor control unit

Advertisement