Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash immermat "toggle" broken

Options
  • 15-03-2015 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

I have a flash immermat timer in my hot press. Earlier in the week I moved from constant off to constant on, as I would every day to get water for a shower, and the mover/toggle/switch (I don't know what to call it) came away. No force, and I've absolutely no idea how!

There's a small hole in the casing, and a stick in the moving part that needs to sit in it. I can get that back in but it's not sturdy at all, it will move between off and timer but I can't get it to on.

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone before and any advice for realigning it. Or does it sound like there's something broken? I'm renting, and I really haven't a clue about this kind of thing, and I don't want to ring am electrician only for them to put it back in perfectly in two seconds.

Sorry if this is the wrong place, and help appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Hi. I recommend a replacement. It should surely be taken care of by landlord as it broke through normal use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

That's great thanks a mill for your advice. If it was a simple case of putting it back in myself u wouldn't bother involving the landlord, but I'll just ring tomorrow anyway, thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Holly13

Sorry old thread but googled this problem and it came up.
    The slider switch thing just broke off on my immersion timer. These timers cost around 30 euro to buy in Woodies. Just wondering if anyone knows if it’s easy to replace?
    I have absolutely no electrical/DIY knowledge, could I safely do it without electrocuting myself?
    Anyone know how much an electrician would charge to replace this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Holly13 wrote: »
    Sorry old thread but googled this problem and it came up.
    The slider switch thing just broke off on my immersion timer. These timers cost around 30 euro to buy in Woodies. Just wondering if anyone knows if it’s easy to replace?
    I have absolutely no electrical/DIY knowledge, could I safely do it without electrocuting myself?
    Anyone know how much an electrician would charge to replace this?

Kill the power first. Very easy to replace. As easy as switching a socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Moody,

Perhaps contact the landlord and explain that an item requires replacement? (or is that not an option??).

• Advertisement
Advertisement