Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Quality Bench

• 15-03-2015 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi

I am looking to purchase a good quality 6ft Teak Garden Bench if anyone knows where to get one I would appreciate a recomendation

thx
    mylesm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Where are you based?

Dublin 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

I bought this one a while ago
    http://outdoorfurniture.ie/teak-curved-back-6-foot-bench.html

but if I had to go again I'd buy this
    http://outdoorfurniture.ie/teak-peanut-bench.html

Not that the quality was bad but I just prefer the shape of the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaisyD2

I like the shape of 2nd one myself but just so you know they are currently closed for renovations, went for drive out that way to have a look last weekend & its closed but there were a couple of guys in hi-vis hammering on roof so there was activity & locals say its reopening next cpl of months.

Ended up in Horkans Garden Centre in Glen of the Downs, Wicklow instead, had a lot of stuff I had wanted a look at - i'm buying a Podology lounger when I win lotto ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

mylesm wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking to purchase a good quality 6ft Teak Garden Bench if anyone knows where to get one I would appreciate a recomendation

thx
    mylesm
    There is a fine garden centre out on the N3 on the right just before the turn for Ratoath/Fairyhouse. Another over on the Lucan to Celbridge road, also on the right, about two miles before Celbridge town. Both have a good sellection of furniture.... but not cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    I bought this one a while ago
    http://outdoorfurniture.ie/teak-curved-back-6-foot-bench.html

but if I had to go again I'd buy this
    http://outdoorfurniture.ie/teak-peanut-bench.html

Not that the quality was bad but I just prefer the shape of the other one.

I bought the 2nd one 6 years ago, still like new love it.

Hate the cheap versions, so flimsy,

A great buy.

Thanks for replies I will give them a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

IMO here's a more compelling option (more ergonomic, more durable and more suitable to Irish climate) to a Peanut teak bench and costing < 50%.

IMO here's a more compelling option (more ergonomic, more durable and more suitable to Irish climate) to a Peanut teak bench and costing < 50%.

Thanks

Why would you say that one is more suitable to Irish Climate it looks like softwood not teak

Thanks

Why would you say that one is more suitable to Irish Climate it looks like softwood not teak

Pressure treated spruce is a tough, requiring no maintenance and proven timber for wet climates. The teak must be treated annually to protect it against moisture, if not it will rot.

At half the price and the option to also paint with an appealing Cuprinol (Shades) colour, the choice is an easy one me!

BTW some softwoods are harder than some common hardwoods.

• Advertisement

Pressure treated spruce is a tough, requiring no maintenance and proven timber for wet climates. The teak must be treated annually to protect it against moisture, if not it will rot.

At half the price and the option to also paint with an appealing Cuprinol (Shades) colour, the choice is an easy one me!

BTW some softwoods are harder than some common hardwoods.

Thanks

where are the benchs you linked available

Thanks

where are the benchs you linked available

Terenure (Please PM me for more details).

Terenure (Please PM me for more details).

Thanks

I think I was in contact with them via web site I found it online

Thanks but I am looking for a more traditional bench

Well I just got the new Teak Bench top class made in Limrick I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to keep it looking good I have searched online and there seems to be different ideas some say teak oil others say not to oil
    any advise please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Well I just got the new Teak Bench top class made in Limrick I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to keep it looking good I have searched online and there seems to be different ideas some say teak oil others say not to oil
    any advise please

Great looking bench.
    Irish made?
    Cost?

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Great looking bench.
    Irish made?
    Cost?

Really Lovely Bench Made in Ireland in his own Workshop in Limrick he delivered as well fully assembled with all mortice and tenon joints very sturdy and will last years

compared to this

http://outdoorfurniture.ie/roble-st-george-6-foot-wooden-garden-bench.html

its twice the bench

I have no association with the seller he contacted me when he saw my post and I am Delighted to see you can get Irish made Quality still

If you want to know his details pm me and I will contact him not sure if he wants me putting his details on open forum

Advertisement