Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caddy 1.6 tdi

• 15-03-2015 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

Looking at a few of these in the coming week. Is there anything I should look out for on one?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Could well be ex Eircom or an Post, They seem to have a good few off these, think the post ones are white?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Could well be ex Eircom or an Post, They seem to have a good few off these, think the post ones are white?

Looking for white or silver! Don't want to look like postman pat going around! 1.6 tdi give any real trouble??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

When l was looking a few years ago most of them for sale were ex UK
    rental vans.

I stayed away from them and eventually found a decent Irish van that was never a rental van.

Haven't had any problems with it touch wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 libertyhead

I've had an ex an post 1.6 2011 90k for 5 months, came with full service history ,STAY AWAY!! Have had to replace 2 injectors so far at around 1500 eur and the.garage service dept in frank hogans in limerick say the.other 2 will probably go soon enough,
    if vw were once a good brand they're not anymore ,will never get another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭donegaldude

I'm currently driving a 142 model for work, which is hired. It had 300km on it when I got it, and up at 43000 now with no issues at all with it. I love it to be honest, get in and around 1000km per fill out of it. Granted the most weight I would carry is around the 50kg mark.

Prior to that I had a 12 reg one, again hired. Drove it for around the 20000km mark with no issues either.

No major power in them but they are a comfortable bus to tour around in.

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Id say the OP made a decision in the meantime :)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I've had an ex an post 1.6 2011 90k for 5 months, came with full service history ,STAY AWAY!! Have had to replace 2 injectors so far at around 1500 eur and the.garage service dept in frank hogans in limerick say the.other 2 will probably go soon enough,
    if vw were once a good brand they're not anymore ,will never get another

What?? 2 injectors for 1500?! You can buy them brand new for €270 inc vat each. (I assume these are the Continental/Siemens injectors)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Id say the OP made a decision in the meantime :)

I have! 😂 Purchased a 2011 ex-biomnis hire van Only was every a fridge or something in the back of it. No problems yet. Just put through its second doe and flew through. Wanted higher spec 2.0 model but like hens teeth but settled for 104bhp 1.6 model. Bit underpowered but it's not a race car

Advertisement