Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killiney Hill obelisk turned into alien spaceship!

Options
  • 15-03-2015 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

I assume its part of paddies day but it looks great from afar.
    I can see the top of Killiney hill from the front of my house and it looks like the obelisk has turned into a jet rocket with green lighting in the middle, pretty cool looking!
    Unfortunately my crappy camera cant zoom in that far.
    Anyone know who did it?, am curious how they got power etc up there.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Supercell wrote: »
    I assume its part of paddies day but it looks great from afar.
    I can see the top of Killiney hill from the front of my house and it looks like the obelisk has turned into a jet rocket with green lighting in the middle, pretty cool looking!
    Unfortunately my crappy camera cant zoom in that far.
    Anyone know who did it?, am curious how they got power etc up there.

They have being doing it for the past few years. They normally use genies, although I do believe that there is a power supply to the obleisk.
    I did recently notice some blue LEDs around the base. They might be a more permanent feature

There's a good picture here of it in 2012

http://www.dalkeyphotos.com/blog.htm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

First time I've seen it lit up I must say....noticed the blue lights a couple of days ago and then went up to check it out and it was glowing green. I hope it's a permanent fixture as it makes a nice difference up there and looks well from a distance,some ground lighting would be a bonus too. I like it.;)

Advertisement