Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sea trout in the sea

Options
  • 15-03-2015 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Any experience with doing it ? I would like to use fly and float fish sandeel for them

Something I always wanted to do but I suppose due to lack of knowledge I never did

Anyone have experience , especially around cork harbour ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

popsy09 wrote: »
    Any experience with doing it ? I would like to use fly and float fish sandeel for them

Something I always wanted to do but I suppose due to lack of knowledge I never did

Anyone have experience , especially around cork harbour ?

Ive never fished for them but did hook a big one a few years ago but lost it after a few jumps. I was told of a place thats supposed to be very good and its very near where i hooked the one i lost. Ill pm you where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Welllmade1745

you could always just try some metal lures for them, I've had great success on mini pirks and Dexter wedges.

Just be aware that you need a license to fish for them and there can be serious consequences if your caught without one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I too would suggest metal lures for sea trout.

And that licence is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I have possibly every type lure that was ever made ha ha so that won't be a problem I'm speaking to a few people now about locations so I might go down some evening and have a nose around before they start arriving in numbers

I'm a big salmon angler so have a licence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

popsy09 wrote: »
    I have possibly every type lure that was ever made ha ha so that won't be a problem I'm speaking to a few people now about locations so I might go down some evening and have a nose around before they start arriving in numbers

I'm a big salmon angler so have a licence :)

They are in the harbour already in numbers in fact u can get them nearly any month of the year
    A few spots around the harbour can be quite good but as the lads say most are caught on metal lures
    They can be quite easily caught once u find them, I've used dexter wedges and other small lures but there's nothing compares to my little secret weapon
    It's like a sandeel type lure and I've caught everything from flounder to bass on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

That's what I am after now Dan but on lighter gear , great fish

Advertisement