Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Waterside House Hotel and dog access.

Options
  • 15-03-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I've had a drink in this hotel a few times but notice that the don't allow dogs out on the patio. I am sure the hotel used to allow them at some point. Was thinking of stopping off there a week or so back after a walk on the beach with the dog but another owner said the hotel had banned dogs full stop. Shame, that. Not a lot of dog-friendly pubs over that way and the Waterside calls loudly after a good cliff-walk or walk along the beach.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

I've had a drink in this hotel a few times but notice that the don't allow dogs out on the patio. I am sure the hotel used to allow them at some point. Was thinking of stopping off there a week or so back after a walk on the beach with the dog but another owner said the hotel had banned dogs full stop. Shame, that. Not a lot of dog-friendly pubs over that way and the Waterside calls loudly after a good cliff-walk or walk along the beach.

Stopped here ourselves a couple of times with the dogs.
    Usually one of us goes in and gets the drinks while the other sits outside with the dogs. Was never a problem. Hard to move you on if you've just sat down with a couple of drinks.
    I guess they have to have some rules if everybody sat down with dogs running around. The key is to be considerate and discreet with the dog under control on the lead.
    Nice place after a walk on the beach for a coffee it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 noodleshack

Interesting.

TripAdvisor reviews from a few years back hint at dogs running about amongst diners outside. I'm also surprised that they don't have any gas patio heaters. Something tells me money is not being invested in this hotel as the outside looks run down. They have good open are with that patio: imagine if they had a barbie pit over in a corner? That place could be a gold mine in the right hands.

Advertisement