Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40th Birthday Gaming PC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

30s when idle - how are you getting below ambient on air?

I have to say the PC is near silent so perhaps the fan isn't spinning fast enough?

30s on idle is a bit high but it isn't too bad. I have 5 case fans, I was just pointing out there's a 55°C jump in ten minutes.

The fans should automatically pick up as the temp increase. Have you room to add more fans maybe, or set the CPU fan to run at minimum a little faster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

30s on idle is a bit high but it isn't too bad. I have 5 case fans, I was just pointing out there's a 55°C jump in ten minutes.

The fans should automatically pick up as the temp increase. Have you room to add more fans maybe, or set the CPU fan to run at minimum a little faster

I wasn't having a go, just curious :)

There's only one little exhaust at the back so I'm sure some intakes will help.

I'm also wondering if the fact it's haswell refresh... maybe a bios update is needed.

Thanks for the help again folks!

Advertisement