Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best time to holiday advice

• 15-03-2015 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Hi, me and a few friends are planning a holiday for this summer and were wondering what would be the best date to go? We were considering August 5-12, August 19-26, July 22-29, or July 29-August 5. At the moment August 19-26 is the cheapest week to go, which not too much difference between the other 3 weeks. One of my friends is worried the crowd might be gone home by the end of August? Is this a legitimate concern or are we needlessly worrying?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

It'd help if you said where it is you are looking to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tgdaly

irish_goat wrote: »
    It'd help if you said where it is you are looking to go.

Oops sorry, Lisbon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Doubt it, July and August are the two busiest months in the Algarve anyway. Then again, Lisbon being a large city would mean it'd be pretty much busy all year around I'd have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Doubt it, July and August are the two busiest months in the Algarve anyway. Then again, Lisbon being a large city would mean it'd be pretty much busy all year around I'd have thought.

Thanks for the response. I think the concern my friend pretty much has is there people being around our age there (early 20s). But I was thinking with it being the capital surely there will be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

tgdaly wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. I think the concern my friend pretty much has is there people being around our age there (early 20s). But I was thinking with it being the capital surely there will be?

Yeah I'd have no worries about it tbf. Lisbon's not a tourist resort and the tourist resorts will be packed in August, no need to worry. The nightlife in Lisbon is meant to be insane too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement