Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 30 Captain

• 15-03-2015 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭

I know GW29 isn't over yet but I'll start the thread early as there are a lot of captain options next week.

Going for Mane myself, Southampton were very good going forward today and he was their main threat.

Gameweek 30 Captain? 194 votes

Aguero (WBA)
    0%
    Silva (WBA)
    46%
    Miguel_SanchezDempseythe whole year innFastFullBackuRbaNIago[Deleted User]DadesLemlinBinkaNalz[Deleted User]tom_kthewoolsTerrontressBeanmachineDearg81El festinoMac-Chopszoom_cool 90 votes
    Sanchez (new)
    0%
    Giroud (new)
    2%
    00sullyJR62_friDarkPassenger 4 votes
    Benteke (SWA)
    4%
    Lawros Tacherobby^5NabberbrianblazewafflemanmectavbabangkokIrish Aris 8 votes
    Kane (LEI)
    1%
    shayno90km79 2 votes
    Eriksen (LEI)
    34%
    garSkySterAdMMMT-b0n3dave13rock whorelassykkMacker1RikandzarquonpatmacRoonboxMikey23StevecwShaneUgarraharpstilidieTony_MontanaNinjaTruncsDevia 67 votes
    Mane (BUR)
    0%
    Sterling (MUN)
    1%
    Wamblespock. 2 votes
    Sturridge (MUN)
    0%
    Rooney (liv)
    0%
    Chesty08 1 vote
    Austin (EVE)
    0%
    Hazard (hul)
    0%
    Iused2likebusts 1 vote
    Costa (hul)
    4%
    GonzovisionCrash Bang WallcounterlockFourFourREDLocal_Chapcollie0708AlanDeGenerouswinneralrighSpurion 9 votes
    Other
    5%
    Shaque attackPWEIDamien360tmc86SpaceCowb0yThe_MaskbeaufZiegler1988DulchieLaoisvivab13 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Kane (LEI)
    spock. wrote: »
    I know GW29 isn't over yet but I'll start the thread early as there are a lot of captain options next week.

Going for Mane myself, Southampton were very good going forward today and he was their main threat.

At the moment it's on benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aguero or Kane for me.

Mane definitely a decent shout happy enough just to have him hope not too many sign him up this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Silva (WBA)
    Aguero, 3rd time lucky....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Eriksen (LEI)
    Kane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Eriksen (LEI)
    I'll try get my hands on the full 90mins of City v Burnley before making a decision on either Kane or Aguero. I may also have one eye on needing a differential for the Champions Cup game this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Silva (WBA)
    Aguero or Kane. I'll probably go with Aguero. With an early kick off it'll be either sitting back and relaxing by 2:30pm or praying Kane doesn't go off on one despite owning him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Eriksen (LEI)
    (C)ane!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Sterling (MUN)
    It will be interesting to see who ends up being the most captained this week, Kane or Aguero. At the moment, Aguero slightly ahead here, Kane slightly ahead on FFS.

It will be interesting to see who ends up being the most captained this week, Kane or Aguero. At the moment, Aguero slightly ahead here, Kane slightly ahead on FFS.

Agueros lack of form is going to make it pretty close I would imagine. If either had scored this weekend they would probably be 10% clear. I would also think a lot of people on Kane will chicken out and go Aguero in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hazard (hul)
    Aguero is in barca wed night and then an early sat morning game against a defensively solid team means I prob won't go aguero. City also look like they are throwing in the towel somewhat which is something I feared they could do when getting aguero back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Silva (WBA)
    Aguero is in barca wed night and then an early sat morning game against a defensively solid team means I prob won't go aguero. City also look like they are throwing in the towel somewhat which is something I feared they could do when getting aguero back in.

Who will be brave enough to sell though? Personally I'd sell Silva before Aguero.

Hazard (hul)
    dahat wrote: »
    Who will be brave enough to sell though? Personally I'd sell Silva before Aguero.

I'm defintely selling 1 soon enough more than likely silva and may have neither by the time the double comes around.

Silva (WBA)
    I'm defintely selling 1 soon enough more than likely silva and may have neither by the time the double comes around.

Aguero being on penalties may be enough to keep him.
    Silva to Mane may be a move

Kane (LEI)
    jeez even Tom Cleverley looked good against Sunderland.
    May have to revise my opinion of captaining Benteke next weekend.......Swansea won't be as bad !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Silva (WBA)
    My golden rule is never captain a player in the early kick off.... but its Aguero:/

My golden rule is never captain a player in the early kick off.... but its Aguero:/

Yeh always seems like a bad idea if it goes wrong it sets you up for a rubbish weekend and if it goes right you still have to sweat all the other captain options later on which sucks whereas if you have someone in the late kick off you always feel that no matter what happens earlier on its ok because you still have your captain to go!

Silva (WBA)

Aguero v Spurs...

Silva (WBA)
    dahat wrote: »
    Aguero v Newcastle......

That was a 5:30 KO,

I'll probabaly end up with Aguero captain. :pac:

Kane (LEI)
    That was a 5:30 KO,

I'll probabaly end up with Aguero captain. :pac:

he means the spurs game
    I remember
    I did not have aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Silva (WBA)
    When was the last time Aguero went 4 league games without a goal? Don't believe it will happen so sticking with him!

• Advertisement

Silva (WBA)
    km79 wrote: »
    he means the spurs game
    I remember
    I did not have aguero

ya I wasnt in Aguero ownership land then,

Silva (WBA)
    km79 wrote: »
    he means the spurs game
    I remember
    I did not have aguero

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Eriksen (LEI)
    Dunno. Probably leave it on Aguero purely because he's owed a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

ageuero for me.. I think will city wake now with teams coming up on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Silva (WBA)
    Dr. Bre wrote: »
    ageuero for me.. I think will city wake now with teams coming up on them.

You just know if you take the captaincy off him, he will go and get a hat trick. He's too good not to start scoring again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Ignoring the obvious choices and going for benteke. Need to make up a lot of ground so I need a few big differentials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ramsey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Silva (WBA)
    Costa

Chelsea due to give someone a hiding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Silva (WBA)
    Flip flopping between Aguero or Kane because I have no imagination.

• Advertisement

Flip flopping between Aguero or Kane because I have no imagination.

Because you are sensible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

beauf wrote: »

Well I'll be Dammed.

Other
    Would Ivanovic be a crazy choice.

Would Ivanovic be a crazy choice.

He wouldn't even make the list of top 3 defenders to captain this week! Everyone has Aguero and Kane the decision really should just be between those two. Hazard, Costa & Eriksen aren't far behind if you feel you must go for someone different.

Other
    Ok. Thks Already have them. My opposite has Hazard and Kane combo. I got rid of Hazard a while back. Who would you get back Hazard or Costa. Or leave Aguero and Kane as is. I usually captain Aguero.

• Advertisement

Hazard (hul)
    I wanted to captain sanchez this week but he looked out on his feet last night and id be slightly fearful of him getting a rest now. Austin against an Everton team playing in Ukraine Thursday could be an option.

Ok. Thks Already have them. My opposite has Hazard and Kane combo. I got rid of Hazard a while back. Who would you get back Hazard or Costa. Or leave Aguero and Kane as is. I usually captain Aguero.

Which midfielder would you be getting rid of for Hazard? Hazard & Aguero would probably be the best combination.

I wanted to captain sanchez this week but he looked out on his feet last night and id be slightly fearful of him getting a rest now. Austin against an Everton team playing in Ukraine Thursday could be an option.

With Aguero home to a Fosterless West Brom and Chelsea at Hull going Austin against Everton just seems very punty. If you were looking for an alternative type captain pick then I think Mane or Clyne/Bertrand would be a better bet. Everton should be pretty motivated to try pick up a few more points to make sure they don't get pulled down towards the relegation zone.

Hazard (hul)
    jimmii wrote: »
    With Aguero home to a Fosterless West Brom and Chelsea at Hull going Austin against Everton just seems very punty. If you were looking for an alternative type captain pick then I think Mane or Clyne/Bertrand would be a better bet. Everton should be pretty motivated to try pick up a few more points to make sure they don't get pulled down towards the relegation zone.

Ill see how city look tonight but I'm losing faith in city moreso than Aguero.

Ill see how city look tonight but I'm losing faith in city moreso than Aguero.

Aguero had more shots than any other player at the weekend I don't think we can write him off yet! I doubt we will be able to judge much from tonight they probably won't have much of the ball in the Barca half!

• Advertisement

Hazard (hul)
    jimmii wrote: »
    Aguero had more shots than any other player at the weekend I don't think we can write him off yet! I doubt we will be able to judge much from tonight they probably won't have much of the ball in the Barca half!

I watched the burnley game city were very poor and I didn't think aguero looked that threatening. I certainly didn't come away thinking I was very unlucky with the 2 pts he got.

I watched the burnley game city were very poor and I didn't think aguero looked that threatening. I certainly didn't come away thinking I was very unlucky with the 2 pts he got.

Yeh I agree they were very underwhelming I was pretty surprised to see the stats! To put it into context if you compare his stats to Giroud (who it is fair to say had a decent weekend!) Aguero had more than twice as many shots as Giroud and had twice as many shots in the box as him the difference really was that Aguero had half his shots blocks which didn't happen to Giroud. Funnily enough over the last four their shot stats are identical (both for total shots, shots in the box and for headed attempts!) so while Giroud has outscored him 31 to 18 over those games it does seem a little fortunate for that gap to have been that big. You could say that is due to the quality of the finishing but I think one thing we know about Aguero is that even if he isn't in the best form he knows how to put them away. If he continues to get the same number of opportunities as he has got recently seems onyl a matter of time until the goals follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Other
    I think stats can be misleading which is why watching matches is so critical. Aguero has looked dangerous the past few GWs in terms of shots off target but none of them were guilt edged chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Eriksen (LEI)
    Giroud likes scoring against Newcastle and if it hadn't been for the away Champions League tie last night I would have gone for him. Still might but more likely to go for Kane.

I think stats can be misleading which is why watching matches is so critical. Aguero has looked dangerous the past few GWs in terms of shots off target but none of them were guilt edged chances.

Yeh last four week he has only had 3 "big chances" but Giroud has only had 4. I think he's just been on the bad side of variance it will swing back his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Sterling (MUN)
    I'm starting to feel very lonely with Mane(c) :pac:
    I will go ahead with it though, I really fancy him to score.

Good option outside of the obvious ones he looks pretty dangerous and its a fixture with the potential to score well! I hope not too many sign him up this week would like him as a bit of a differential for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Other

I think it's a good week to punt. Kane and Aguero will split most of the vote so there won't be a >50% captaincy choice in the top 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Eriksen (LEI)
    very torn over kane or ageuro.

city stayed in barcelona last nite and training today before flying home. sergio will start and should be fine. against a pulis defence though.

kane has had some rest and didnt play great against utd so surely due a good game. leicester defence poor and leicester beat them there in cup few months ago. will want revenge.

leaning towards kane. 55/45 atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

unplayable wrote: »
    very torn over kane or ageuro.

city stayed in barcelona last nite and training today before flying home. sergio will start and should be fine. against a pulis defence though.

kane has had some rest and didnt play great against utd so surely due a good game. leicester defence poor and leicester beat them there in cup few months ago. will want revenge.

leaning towards kane. 55/45 atm.

I'm in this boat too.

Kane's call-up to the national squad could mean he'll go out and play a stormer.

Aguero's been off the boil and is due a big game, but it's hard to see it coming against a West Brom team with a Bullet-Pulis Vest on!

• Advertisement
Advertisement